We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Connect error | Forum

Zona
Zona Oct 11 '12

Facebook Connect error : 'Seems there are some problems with connection to Facebook. Please, try again later.'

Please, help !

Attachments:
  zv_facebook_api3.png (31.91Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Oct 11 '12
Zona, did you follow instructions given here http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:facebook-connect?

Check my screen shot. Make sure you set your Facebook app in the same way. Do not edit anything in "App on Facebook" section.

Marian
Marian Oct 14 '12
Hi for all, i checked all settings on FB site as well as mine. I got same error. Using TCPDUMP i see that facebook is sending back some JPEG and data, but error will appear :-( Seems to be some problem with redirect.
Marian
Marian Oct 15 '12
I have found, that FB is downloading logo.png from /ow_static/plugins/fbconnect/img/logo.png, is this some kind of check? Are any logs of communication plugin with servers ? Communiations is over https :-(
Zona
Zona Oct 15 '12
Thank you very much, Aliia! It's ok now ...
The Forum post is edited by Zona Oct 15 '12
Alia Team
Alia Oct 16 '12
Marian, can you send me screen shots of your App settings? Thank you.
Marian
Marian Oct 16 '12
Hi Aliia, no problem here is! But the logo is resized to 75x75px as FB need.
Attachments:
  fb_settings.png (43.64Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Oct 18 '12
Marian, I have succesfully  loged in to your site using Facebook connect. Seems like it is the problem on your side only.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 18 '12
If you were able to fix the issue yourself, it would be great if you share the solution in this topic. It might help other users. Thank you.
Marian
Marian Oct 18 '12
Interesting, until now i do no changes. Before pasting my picture i completely remove FB apps and created new one, the only difference is, that i used original logo instead of mine and resize it to 75x75px as facebook needs. Now after 2 days its working... Thanks for help, Marian
Alia Team
Alia Oct 23 '12
Marian, thanks.
Can you give me exact steps I can follow to reproduce the issue ( using my own image instead of original logo). And I am not sure when I should use it, when creating the App or later on when editing it?
Thank you.
TJ
TJ Oct 24 '12
Hi I'm in the process of setting up the Facebook Connection so people can login using thier facebook id but getting an error message as shown below. I can send a screen shot of my app later, I just wondered if someone can offer a solution. Thanks:

Seems there are some problems with connection to Facebook. Please, try again later.

The Forum post is edited by TJ Oct 24 '12
Alia Team
Alia Oct 25 '12
Tracy, can you check my reply posted Oct 11? Can you make sure that you have followed exact steps as well? Will be waiting for the screen shot. 
TJ
TJ Oct 25 '12
Hi Thanks for getting back to me. It's all working now so haven't sent a screen shoot of that.

I set up the Contact Importer but it only works for myself. Am I correct in thinking I need a secure server for this?

Alia Team
Alia Oct 25 '12
Welcome )). What do you mean by "works only for myself"?
TJ
TJ Oct 25 '12
All working now :)

Facebook now requires a secure canvas url for the contact importer. I had filled in the wrong url hence why it wasn't working. I've attached a screenshot of my error. Thanks again :)
The Forum post is edited by TJ Oct 25 '12
Attachments:
  Facebook APP Screen shot1.jpg (50.6Kb)
Thomas
Thomas Oct 25 '12
I am having the same issue and I know my is set up correct since it has been working forever.  I think it is facebook that is having issues.
Marian
Marian Oct 27 '12
I can confirm, that with "secure canvas url" login is not working and if you once fill this option, you must be very patience, cause if you delete it, FB login for me was not working for next two days! After 48h login start working itself. I think there is not possible to have FB contact importer (with secure canvas url" filled) in the same time with FB login, or i'm wrong?
Alia Team
Alia Oct 30 '12
Marian, thank  you for pointing this out. I will test this and let you know the results.
shadds
shadds Oct 31 '12
anymore news on the fb contact importer as mines is not working either

Pages: 1 2 »