We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

question about migration to oxwall | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
bobbi
bobbi Oct 14 '12
after more wall.fm downtime, we are now want to migrate our site to oxwall, the site is a mature site with 600+ members and has been running for 1 year

my question can we successfully migrate the site to oxwall and if we can will all the members/posts etc successfully migrate over

thank you
JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 14 '12
when I switched over, it took a week for the oxwall team to successfully transfer my site data to the oxwall software. Their data importer does not, and will not work, so it may take a while.
Abbey
Abbey Oct 14 '12
Hi Lisa, I moved to oxwall from xitti (adult version of wall.fm) and I'm glad I did, it offers more freedom and heaps more options, yes the import doesn't work but there's heaps of support here and people are helpful.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 15 '12
we could try the import with a low number of members it should be easy and fast
Purusothaman Ramanujam
You should be sure to have backup of everything as anything might happen. As importer does not work as expected, you should be patient to get it done.
bobbi
bobbi Oct 15 '12
thanks for the replies. everything would be backed up, 

we just need to know if migration is possible for our site as it is running for 1 year and has 600+ members has anyone migrated a site with high  number of members etc sucessfully
Pete
Pete Oct 15 '12
Just keep your website running on wall.fm untill you complet the migrate .Someone migrated a much larger website than users,useing one of the mods out of the Oxwall store,just ask one of the team members which mod it is you need to move your website
The Forum post is edited by Pete Oct 15 '12