We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

classic theme - problem in mobile | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Valentin
Valentin Jul 31 '18

when I restore my browser and make it smaller, the comment page disappears.

how can i solve the problem?

The Forum post is edited by Valentin Jul 31 '18
dave Leader
dave Jul 31 '18
I believe the main reason is because you are using the desktop code which is designed to display on desktop and using it for mobile.    Have you tried this with and without the mobile version enabled  (admin->mobile)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 31 '18

The Simplicity theme is very limited in mobile capability. As Dave mentioned; you would need to enable the Oxwall default mobile in the admin panel, or you could try one of the responsive theme's in the store.

Note that the Oxwall default mobile does have it's own limitations in regards to feature availability. Not all of the plugins will work with it.

Also note that even responsive themes may, or may not work with third party plugins. These themes are designed around the Oxwall core plugins. It is mostly up to third party plugin devs to incorporate mobile friendly design into their plugins.

JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 28 '18

Yep, the 'Photos' plugin has a mobile-site version, but no mobile-ready design. I believe this to be because the photo view window is constructed when you click the photo. It would be a pain to try and get it mobile-reponsive, and from a standard designing-point, most people solve this solution by simply having mobile viewers go to the original photo's dedicated page, or disabling the window modal entirely.