We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

A Few strange things | Forum

Leigh
Leigh Oct 16 '12
I attempted to search for info on these issues but could seem to find anything that was even close.

First when I click on and enter text in the wall post "What's Happening" and then hit Send the text appears to disappear. I then reenter the text and again hit Send and the same thing happens. It isn't until I refresh the page in the browser that I can see that anything has posted. I then end up with duplicate posts. Any ideas on what is going on or how I can fix this?

Also when I hover over the duplicate post I get the Delete button, clicking on that brings up the confirmation window/box where I click OK but and the post disappears but reappears when I refresh the page in the web browser. Again any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Sometime it happens to me too in Firefox 3.. but not often.
Leigh
Leigh Oct 16 '12
I just did some additional testing and it appears to be happening on Safari 5 and FireFox 3 on a regular basis. IE 8 and Chrome both seem to work fine. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? If I can't be fixed there is a significant number of visitors that will have issue and won't return. 
Alia Team
Alia Oct 18 '12
Leigh, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue in Safari 5.1.7 (7534.57.2) .

With regards to Firefox 3,  this version is not support by Oxwall. You can find the list of supported browsers here http://docs.oxwall.org/overview:supported_browsers