We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

registration form | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Christopher
Christopher Oct 16 '12
Hello, i was wondering how do i edit the registration form? as i wanted to remove the interest bit.. but there is nothing in admin panel to edit registration
Abbey
Abbey Oct 16 '12
go to admin>users>profile questions here you can add, remove and edit your profile registration questions, set where you would like things to show and how....etc
Christopher
Christopher Oct 16 '12
oh i thought that was for profile not registration lol
Abbey
Abbey Oct 16 '12
It is both as parts of your registration will be on your profiles
Alia Team
Alia Oct 17 '12
Christopher, when you edit profile questions there is a "On sign up" check box. If it is checked then the question will be displayed during registration. Using those check boxes you can manage where your question will be displayed.
David Rynne
David Rynne Oct 17 '12
I want to remove the email question but the check marks for Required/Signup/Edit are greyed out. How can it be removed from registration and from profile? 
Christopher
Christopher Oct 17 '12
uhm i want to remove the photo question so they dont need to add a photo when they sign up ..  but there is no phone question on the admin panel .. so how would i remove it
Alia Team
Alia Oct 17 '12

Quote from David Rynne I want to remove the email question but the check marks for Required/Signup/Edit are greyed out. How can it be removed from registration and from profile? 

David, email is a system fields and those options are grayed out because many other features of the software can not function without it. For example: verification feature, email notifications, mass mailing, browse users by email.
Quote from Christopher uhm i want to remove the photo question so they dont need to add a photo when they sign up ..  but there is no phone question on the admin panel .. so how would i remove it
To remove "Photo" question go to admin panel>>settings>>user settings>>"General" tab>>"Registration" block>> Avatar upload field>>select "Hide" from the drop down.

Not sure how phone is connected to this question. I guess it was just a typing error.

Christopher
Christopher Oct 18 '12
Thanks