We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to add a section to the profile? | Forum

Martin
Martin Oct 17 '12
Hello all,

I am taking my first steps on plugin development.

I am trying to add a Section and some fields to the profile but I can't find how to do that. Can you help me a bit? Is there an example anywhere?

Thank for your assistance
Martin
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Oct 17 '12
 go to >admin>pages & menus>user profiles  on the left there is a widget called *custom text/html*.  drag that to where you want it to show on the profile and then click edit.  you can add any html  or text that you would like and it will show on all profiles.
Martin
Martin Oct 18 '12

Thank you for your advice TattooBoy but that is not what I want to do. I want to do this with some PHP code.

I want to add a profile question section within the plugin and I want to add some new profile fields to that section within the plugin.

Martin
Martin Oct 19 '12
Nobody here who can tell me something about the classes and methods that have to be used to create a profile question section?

I just need a little tip or the documentation of the class-structure and the methods.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Welcome to the club Martin :)  You are not just alone seeking for some development related answers.

BOL_QuestionService(question_service.php) is the place where you might need to see.
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 21 '12
Topic was moved from Plugins.