We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

emails sending to wrong person | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Oct 17 '12
I have people complaining they are receiving the wrong emails for example if member1 messages member2 member4 receives an email about it 
Alia Team
Alia Oct 19 '12
That is very strange. Any addition info you can give? Were those members somehow connected? (friends, mailed each other before...)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have also came across this sometimes ago.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 20 '12
I am not sure Aliia it seems to be happening to everyone but I am not sure if  people are getting email because of a connection of friendship or not I know I get emails as well that I should not get but I have the admin pal and I am friends with everyone so it would be hard to say for me I do know I recently set up a smtp server and my tech has checked over everything and has confirmed it is oxwall script sending the emails to the wrong people
Alia Team
Alia Oct 22 '12
Joseph, I have registered a couple of users on your site ( I have PMed you their usernames). Let's see if I will be able to reproduce the issue ( might take some time).
Let me know if you yourself notice anything that might help us.
Joseph
Joseph Nov 7 '12
I havent noticed anything that could help however I was thinking try adding a few friends and lets see if you receive emails about them that you shouldnt like private messages between them and another person