We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't add HTML text to a "Custom text/HTML" widget | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Tom
Tom Oct 18 '12
I'm trying to add some fairly simple HTML code to my "Top Content" widget on my Main page.  When I paste in the HTML below and apply it, the widget displays "no content" and when I reopen the text/HTML field again, it's blank. 

Any suggestions on how to add HTML code to any "Custom text/HTML" field in Oxwall?

<html>
    <head>
        <title>HTML Online Editor Sample</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <p align="center">
            <span style="font-family:tahoma,geneva,sans-serif;"><span style="font-size: 48px;"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><strong>Welcome to My Site!</strong></span></span></span></p>
        <p align="center">
            &nbsp;</p>
        <p align="center">
            <span style="font-family:tahoma,geneva,sans-serif;"><span style="font-size: 24px;"><strong>FIND A FRIEND - JOIN A LOCAL GROUP &ndash; </strong></span></span></p>
        <p align="center">
            <span style="font-family:tahoma,geneva,sans-serif;"><span style="font-size: 24px;"><strong>CHAT ON FORUMS - CREATE AN EVENT - BE AWESOME!</strong></span></span></p>
        <p>
            &nbsp;</p>
        <p>
            <span style="font-family:tahoma,geneva,sans-serif;">It&rsquo;s the best way to find other cool people in your city or while you&rsquo;re traveling.</span></p>
        <p>
            <span style="font-family:tahoma,geneva,sans-serif;">Press the JOIN button above to get instant access!</span></p>
    </body>
</html>

JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 18 '12
Take out the <html> <head> and <body> tags for those are to create a new page. Just leave the rest and you should be fine.
Tom
Tom Oct 18 '12
Thanks Jake!! You Rock, Again!  Hopefully this will help other Oxwall newbies in the future.
Attachments:
  After_Removing_HTML_HEad_and_BODY_Tags.png (142.34Kb)
JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 18 '12
Your welcome. :)