We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to delete all users? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Matthias
Matthias Sep 21 '18
Hello,

is there any way to delele all user profiles? Maybe via FTP or cpanel? 

I have created a development page for testing and must delete all real users from it. I just want to keep the admin (I think keeping the admin is necessary for the site to work). 

I know there is an option in the admin backend (/admin/users), but this would take to long to delete all "by hand". 

Anybody has an idea, please let me know. Thank you!
The Forum post is edited by Matthias Sep 21 '18
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Sep 21 '18
/admin/users/

Check all | Selected: and click on Delete button. Yes, even on server all gone lost from they user you delet, everything.

Do not forget to remove the check for admin before clicking Delete.

Or you can click just the ones you want to delete and then click Delete.

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Sep 21 '18
Matthias
Matthias Sep 21 '18
Thank you Ketil Ervik!

I just checked this, but the "check all" Button would only select the users from 1 page. I need a solution where I can delete all users (from all pages).  

I have a lot of users, so even deleting them "page by page" would take too long :(

The Forum post is edited by Matthias Sep 21 '18
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 21 '18

Appears there is no available solution for this. From this post; it appears that the only way to delete users, and their content is via admin panel, or doing a fresh install.

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/26336

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Sep 21 '18
Am block IP for all spam registration via server. This is the best way to block spam aout.

Other plugin for oxwall some have this fuction, onely mess upp your database.

This plugin is useful in this context,if you want to blocke out IP numbers from spam registrations!: User IP Tracker

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Sep 21 '18
Matthias
Matthias Sep 25 '18
Thank you Ketil, this is sure helping to fight bots & Spam. 

However, I must delete "real" user data. So I am still looking for a "Database" or FTP Solution to get rid of the profiles fast. 

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Sep 25 '18
Sorry, but the best way, and its onely way is to us "Check all | Selected" and delete.

But not forget to remove the crossword for admin every time on all pages.

If you delete user data via ftp, I'm not sure if you delete this in the database! for oxwall I doubt it. No, you may remove this in the way I have told you. And make sure you block all spam IP in the future, as I've shown you. Do not go for so-called spam plugins, as they want to fill up your oxwalll database.