We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Google Chrome - Facebook Connect | Forum

Rob
Rob Sep 29 '18
Why does Facebook Connect work when people visiting the website via Microsoft Edge, but when they visit the website with Google Chrome it does not work.

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

Dave
Dave Sep 30 '18

Hi have you installed the new update ?

oxwall.org/download-item

Rob
Rob Oct 1 '18

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response and plugin.

We had, according to our information, installed the latest version on our websites but we have removed it again and installed your version.

The strange thing is that the problem is not always present and even computer dependent.

For example, both computers use Google Chrome, but on 1 of these 2 the link indicates that the connection with Facebook was not successful.

But we are looking at it for a while now, it is now working on our computer, so letting others know what they are experiencing.

Perhaps you also know where we can translate the report "Invalid Data Sumitted" into our language.?

This message appears to occur sometimes when logging in fails.

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

Dave
Dave Oct 1 '18

Hi again, I've tried to login on your website using the fbconnect button with limited  success. With the exception of EDGE; Chrome, safari and firefox appear conflicted on your site. It could be something simple though. (You most likely know most of these recommendations  however I've included them for other readers) In order to debug this issue please try disabling "back to the top". It may pay to disable (set to dev mode) your cloudfare account and disable the oaboost plugin too. After refreshing all cache/s see if any difference is made to all the browsers logins. Also set the dev-mode "true" in the config file, then check for conflicts if any. Please note this version has a known error It was hastily assembled by volunteers to obtain a functional result once Facebook had given the Oxwall devs some answers. When installing this plugin, admin users will receive an install error message -however this is not an issue to the actual login process and can safely be ignored. I highly recommend removing ALL traces of the previous version, disabling all cached content prior to loading the new update as a fresh install.  oxwall.org/download-item. Another test is to set your sites theme back to "simplicity" just in-case it's a theme issue.

After a quick review "Invalid Data Submitted" isn't in the plugins language file and is most likely a result produced from Facebook.

Lastly, if all else fails! Perhaps check your Facebook settings, there maybe an issue in the configuration.

Hope this helps

Regards Dave

Rob
Rob Oct 2 '18

Thank you very much for your explanation Dave, we knew that the facebook connect plugin would not work properly but within the store there is no other plugin yet.

The developer of this plugin should take a good look at it, but we believe that the developer does not want to do anything more.?

As far as the message "Invalid Data Submitted" is concerned, we can indeed not translate this in the normal way, but perhaps that it can be translated into a css or html file.?

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

Dave
Dave Oct 2 '18

Hi, yes the original writer/s of this application (not unlike many others) have moved on to paid employment, family life etc etc... which is very normal in the worlds of General Public License and open development code.

Good news though, the Oxwall core team who still maintain certain aspects of this project are still doing their bit to keep the wheels turning, when and if, they can. They now publish and maintain this plugin as "Oxwall Software" using  The BSD License.

RE:"Invalid Data Submitted", I feel perhaps you'd have to make changes in several of the .php files to change the translation of Facebook error results. This of course is not necessary if this plugin was fully functional .. I suspect atm that it has more issues on the horizon as I to am having the same trouble with one of our sites. Hopefully they'll be sorted out soon.

The Forum post is edited by Dave Oct 3 '18
Dave
Dave Oct 2 '18
Someone mentioned that toggling the browsers "tracking protection" may also be beneficial, especially where Firefox is concerned (not sure why this works, however thought it was handy to know)
You do not have permission to reply this topic