We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How do i add allowed file extentions to my uploads | Forum

Richard
Richard Oct 25 '12
I have several members who want to upload files but it says file extention not allowed...or something close...how do I allow them or what file do I need to modify?
The Forum post is edited by Richard Oct 25 '12
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Where do they try to upload? Is it avatar image or forum attachments?
Richard
Richard Oct 25 '12
forum attachments, .doc Extra, does not seem to like Microsoft word or Excel or Spreadsheets...I would Assume OpenOffice extentions wont work either but have not tried those...
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The following are the allowed extension for Forum attachments. MS Word and Excel are supported.

private static $allowedExtensions =
        array(
        'txt', 'doc', 'docx', 'sql', 'csv', 'xls', 'ppt', 'pdf',
        'jpg', 'jpeg', 'png', 'gif', 'bmp', 'psd', 'ai',
        'avi', 'wmv', 'mp3', '3gp', 'flv', 'mkv', 'mpeg', 'mpg', 'swf',
        'zip', 'gz', '.tgz', 'gzip', '7z', 'bzip2', 'rar'
    );

File: ow_plugins\forum\bol\post_attachment_service.php

What is the filesize you trying to upload? Verify the maximum file size settings in your forum attachment settings.
The Forum post is edited by Purusothaman Ramanujam Oct 25 '12
Richard
Richard Oct 25 '12
thank you...how do I increase the size...that may be the issue...it does say to large or wrong extention...it is now set at 10mb...but I cant increase it from there...it says that's the max...
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Verify the maximum file size settings in your forum attachment settings.

If the above is okay, check your server upload limit.
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Feb 7
Effortlessly these pages will likely irrefutably probably become well-known concerning several sites people, to be able to the thorough content or even thoughts. stahlwandbecken set
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 7
Hello,i can see that you are a really great blogger, poolfilter komplettset
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 10
This approach can be how it looks genuinely the most appropriate. Every one involving minute best parts are generally planned with many customs knowledge. I propose it rather a lot. course of miracles
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 10
It really is also an incredible write-up i absolutely savored evaluating. It is not automatically day-to-day i produce the ability to find anything at all. acim youtube
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 10
It really is also an incredible write-up i absolutely savored evaluating. It is not automatically day-to-day i produce the ability to find anything at all. acim youtube
Angel
Angel Feb 12
I find your post so informative. Thanks for sharing this one! worcester ma plumbers
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 12
Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Opini Pix
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 13
I need saying thanks to you because of this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little it smile Concerning you bookmarked to see new items post. AVALIADOR PREMIADO
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 13
Hello there, I found your site via Google while looking for a related topic, your website came up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks. avaliador de marcas
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Feb 13
When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any way you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks! bgame666
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 14
It’s a hot day at Potter but thankful for the work!|CJMontgomery| jepangqq
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Feb 17
This is exactly what I was looking for.. really simple to install, totally free just had to register to download, thanks living miracles worldwide ministry
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 17
Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Appreciate it Sugar Defender Drops
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Feb 17
This is exactly what I was looking for.. really simple to install, totally free just had to register to download, thanks acim internships
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »