We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Join Now Button | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Maryam
Maryam Oct 25 '12
I am really puzzled with the warning sign on the Join now button...This makes people uneasy about signing up. You are warning them!!!! Or am I missing a point here?

Is there a way to change this? Not to have any sign perhaps? 

Many thanks?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you share the screen shot? I could not imagine what you are referring here.
Maryam
Maryam Oct 25 '12
here's the screenshot from Oxwall join now button.

How can you get rid of the warning icon there...to have no Icon on the button

I have manually changed the warning icon graphics to make it look more welcoming...Is that how you are meant to do this?

The Forum post is edited by Maryam Oct 25 '12
Attachments:
  join.jpg (84.98Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe there is no settings for that. What you have done manually should be the only way for now.
Maryam
Maryam Oct 26 '12
Thanks Purus..At least I am not going crazy!

Having that warning sign is a very poor design choice...you are actually scaring people off from joining to your network!...I am surprised that no one else has ever mentioned this.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
It might not get noticed by many as its a small icon.
Victor Daniel Tremblay
@Maryam: It annoyed me as well...  What I did is simply change the graphic image (ic_warning.png) to a smilies using Photoshop or any better software like Gimp or Corel PhotoPaint ;-)

It is located here on your server:
/ow_static/themes/graphiteextended/images/ic_warning.png

I've attached copy of the file...
Attachments:
  ic_warning.png (3.32Kb)
Pete
Pete Oct 26 '12

Quote from Maryam I am really puzzled with the warning sign on the Join now button...This makes people uneasy about signing up. You are warning them!!!! Or am I missing a point here?

Is there a way to change this? Not to have any sign perhaps? 

Many thanks?

Go to my home page and look what i did ,i removed the join and added my own link ,it looks better i think . http://dadpeter.co.uk/
The Forum post is edited by Pete Oct 26 '12
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Thanks Pete thats a good way to do it as well...  I will use your solutions on some of my sites.

Great site of yours btw.
Pete
Pete Oct 27 '12

Quote from Victor Daniel Tremblay Thanks Pete thats a good way to do it as well...  I will use your solutions on some of my sites.

Great site of yours btw.

Thanks
Maryam
Maryam Oct 27 '12
Thanks Pete,  like your idea, I think it is more effective than the standard options, thanks a lot for sharing it.
Maryam
Maryam Oct 27 '12
@Victor: I also used your trick and modified the graphics. Thanks for letting me know, cheers.
Pete
Pete Oct 27 '12
Post your website link Maryam,and i will let you know if it looks ok .
Maryam
Maryam Oct 27 '12
Pete, Sent you a PM with my link, would love ur feedback.
brindy
brindy Nov 16 '12
Add this to your theme's CSS to remove the image all together:

.join_now_widget {   background-image: url();}