We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problems with index.php | Forum

Apurba Hansda
Apurba Hansda Oct 27 '12
I have installed oxwall in "example.com/"(home directory) and ? a wordpress  site  in "www.example.com/wordpress". But when going to www.example.com/wordpress ; it is saying 404 error due to "rewrite conditions." in htaccess file  and its "rewrite rules" in index.php of my oxwall site, i.e, www.example.com/index.php. I tried disabling "rewrite", but then i started having problem with my oxwall site(example- I could not log in). So, please help, what to edit in the index.php file of my oxwall site, so that i will be able to access both my wordpress & oxwall site. I have also attached photos of htaccess file,index.php
The Forum post is edited by Apurba Hansda Oct 27 '12
Attachments:
  ht.JPG (53.53Kb)
  in.JPG (64.25Kb)
Pete
Pete Oct 27 '12
The Problem is this is for oxwall and not wordpress,you need to get support on the wordpress website .
Apurba Hansda
Apurba Hansda Oct 27 '12
No, the problem is with oxwall because i cannot use any other script. I cannot even view any file uploaded by me in any of my directories {ex-www.example.com/googlef64****5a6cd7b.html(google verification file),etc} Everything is getting redirected to my oxwall site   www.example.com/index.php due to rewrite rules and hence 404 error.Check the file I have attached now! Please. I got this when i typed "www.example.com/googlef64****5a6cd7b.html" into my browser.
Pete
Pete Oct 27 '12
Rename that htacces file ,then upload google verification file,and it will work,then rename your htacess file back once google confirm the file is there for you .
Pete
Pete Oct 27 '12
If you have installed wordpress,then i cant understand why you or talking about Oxwall i am confused sorry
Apurba Hansda
Apurba Hansda Oct 27 '12
I have installed oxwall in example.com/(home directory) and wordpress in example.com/wordpress, Is this clear now?
Apurba Hansda
Apurba Hansda Oct 27 '12
I have never edited my .htaccess and index.php.
The Forum post is edited by Apurba Hansda Oct 27 '12
Zaph
Zaph Oct 27 '12
You should add few rewrite conditions to your .htaccess file

After adding it should look like this:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On
AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">  

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">  

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*/http-bind

RewriteRule (.*) /http-bind [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

The Forum post is edited by Zaph Oct 27 '12
Apurba Hansda
Apurba Hansda Oct 28 '12
Thank you very much Sir! Problem Solved :)