We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

OxUpdater | Forum

AppXprt
AppXprt Feb 22 '19
Just got an interesting plugin working...

Tonight I was able to create a dynamic updater for Oxwall.

I Created a Plugin that combines OxBackup into one page for OxUpdater and included Symfony, Git and GitHub client API libraries. 

With those libraries, I was able to create an admin section that pulls the latest Smarty Release Versions dynamically along with their download links.

Throwing those into a SelectBox dynamically allows future releases to show up automatically without needing to update the actual plugin.

The only plugin updates that will need to be included for these Library Updates in the future are to the filters to remove unstable versions if a future version doesn't work properly.

It actually pulled so many versions that I had to filter out much older versions, but you can see the actual changes immediately...

No More Deprecation Notice and Updated Latest Version Dynamically!

Core Updates will be the same, dynamically pulling the latest GitHub version...

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Feb 22 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Feb 22 '19
Super Curious if this one will be allowed in the Store...
Rob
Rob Feb 22 '19

We would not know why this plugin should NOT come into the store.!

You are at least one of the few who gives support and not even only on your own plugins.

The plugins of no longer active developers should be removed. !!!!

So buyers can not longer purchase them and then to find out that absolutely no support is given which means that the money for nothing is given.!

We wonder when Oxwall will take action in this.!

Many thanks for your support ViXiv Technologies......!

AppXprt
AppXprt Feb 22 '19
Added back Smarty 3.1.31, works fine...
AppXprt
AppXprt Feb 24 '19
Guess We'll See...

Uploaded...