We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

moving members | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Adam
Adam Oct 28 '12
Hello I was wondering , how do i move my users to a new website ? as i am using a cpanel that is not good , and want to move them to a different cpanel. i was wondering how would i move the members please
Pete
Pete Oct 28 '12
Back up your database and download it ,do 2 copys just incase ,then download all your oxwall folder and files to your desktop .Move all you files to your new webhost server  set up a database cron job ,email accounts ,then edit config file with all your new databass settings ,keep same user name and password for admin login . then go to database and check for errors ,optamise your database ,and just for god luck do a repair as well . and you should if you have done it correct be back online .If you cant restore your database because of size ,as some web host companys put limit on size of db file that you can upload.Do a search for big dump program.
The Forum post is edited by Pete Oct 28 '12
Pete
Pete Oct 28 '12
Here is the link ,i found it for you to get big dump
 http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/

its free
The Forum post is edited by Pete Oct 28 '12
Adam
Adam Oct 29 '12
I only want the members is there a way i can only move the members
Pete
Pete Oct 29 '12

Or you wanting to move your members to anothere oxwall setup ?

The Forum post is edited by Pete Oct 29 '12
Adam
Adam Oct 29 '12
I am saying , If i made a new website without oxwall how would i move my members from the oxwall website to the other one ..
Tom
Tom Oct 30 '12
I think what Adam would like is a way to export all of the member email address into a text file.  I'm curious about doing this in the future too.  Is there a way to extract user's email addresses from Oxwall?

If a user signs up through Facebook or a Google+ account, does Oxwall have an email address for them?
Alex
Alex Mar 20 '23
Are you moving to San Diego? from san francisco to san diego moving company offers you reliable and affordable long distance moving services. Our team of experienced from san francisco to san diego movers ensures that your move is stress-free and smooth. Request a free moving quote today and let us make your move easy and enjoyable.