We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add comments and likes in groups? [Solved] | Forum

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Oct 29 '12
Is there a plugin coming soon where you can add comments and likes in groups, as my members do not understand why they can not do that, and to be honest I totally agree with them?
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 10 '14
Abbey
Abbey Oct 29 '12
sounds like a good idea
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe its already there. If you add the newsfeed widget in the groups, members can post, get likes and comment.

Correct me, if I have understood your question wrong.
Apurba Hansda
Apurba Hansda Oct 30 '12
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam I believe its already there. If you add the newsfeed widget in the groups, members can post, get likes and comment. Correct me, if I have understood your question wrong. But how to add nf widget to grps?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Go to the admin plugin settings of the group.

Go to Additional settings tab.

Add the newsfeed widget.
Andreas
Andreas Oct 30 '12
There is not any newsfeed widget in plugins settings...only The Wall,and cannot write comments or make likes.I'm I missing something?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yesw I believe. Are you using latest version of newsfeed and groups plugin?
Andreas
Andreas Oct 30 '12
Yes my friend...my site is fresh install ...using 
The Forum post is edited by Andreas Oct 30 '12
Crystal
Crystal Oct 30 '12
I believe it is more of a layout problem as wall and latest  activity shows but is detached from group so it is confusing for members. Should be part of the group block
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Hope this helps.
Andreas
Andreas Oct 31 '12
That's on my panel

Do you sugest uninstalling groups plugin ang re-install it?(I don't mind about deleting groups ...the site is on configuration stage,with 3 test members translating the software into Greek language ,before "open the gates".)
The Forum post is edited by Andreas Oct 31 '12
Andreas
Andreas Oct 31 '12
I re-instaled the groups plugin and everything is ok now...I think that happened because of the mass installation of the plugins  during the software's instalation.
If somebody need Greek translation would be available when I'll finish.(in a week )
Konstantinos Karasardelis
I don't have the newsfeed plugin in groups too. If i uninstall and reinstall the groups plugin will i loose all groups and group content?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Do not uninstall and reinstall. Just activate and reactivate.
Konstantinos Karasardelis
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Do not uninstall and reinstall. Just activate and reactivate.

Too late... I did a full backup (db and content) and then uninstalled and reinstalled - nothing changed. Later I found out that you need to deactivate and reactivate the newsfeed plugin in order to have newsfeed in groups, so this is the final solution to the "Newsfeed in Oxwall Groups" problem. I believe this is a bug and should be fixed...
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes. Its a known bug and Oxwall says they have fixed it.
Den Team
Den May 3 '13
Topic was moved from General Chat.
Alia Team
Alia May 7 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam, it wasn't fixed yet. Hopefully will be in one of the upcoming builds.
filip sich
filip sich Mar 5 '14
Hi,

I have same problem on my site. In groups plugin I haven't got newsfeed widget.

ross Team
ross Mar 6 '14
Have you tried to deactivate and activate back the newsfeed plugin via Admin panel?
Pages: 1 2 »