We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

SSL Failing Because of Redirect | Forum

Ken St. John
Ken St. John Apr 2 '19
My original installation had the ip address stored in config.php instead of the normal domain.com . When we added an SSL cert it was throwing invalid error because going to the domain hit config.php which pointed to the ip address which didn't work because the cert can't be on an ip address. So, changed config.php to domain.com/dir where oxwall is installed. However, going to the domain still redirects to the ip address and the error.

Is config.php the only location where the domain is entered?

Anyone have any ideas why it's still redirecting to the ip address?

AppXprt
AppXprt Apr 3 '19
It is also stored in database or you may have a cached version
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 3 '19

oxwall site address i only stored on ow_includes/config.php define('OW_URL_HOME', 'https://oxwall.artmedia.biz.pl/');

but ensure if you custom modified .httaccess file, maybe there you have some rules with redirection to other address

Ken St. John
Ken St. John Apr 3 '19

Quote from ViXiV Technologies It is also stored in database or you may have a cached version
No cache version. Can't find where it's in the database ... you know?
Ken St. John
Ken St. John Apr 4 '19

Quote from ViXiV Technologies It is also stored in database or you may have a cached version
You know this for sure? Where exactly? I've stepped through every table but didn't see any IP address stored. If you're just guessing please let me know.

Ken St. John
Ken St. John Apr 4 '19

RESOLVED

This issue has been resolved. The config file in ow_includes had the IP address instead of the domain name for the base URL. This was corrected days ago but did not make a difference which is why this post was made.

Decided to grep via SSH for any instances of an IP address where domain name should be turned up entries in sitemap and language pack. Manually changed both sitemap files and the language pack entries, set the sitemap build to Daily, and waited until the sitemap rebuilt itself once.

Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Apr 5 '19
Topic was moved from General Chat.