We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Page Name Problem | Forum

Judia Krakowski
Judia Krakowski Apr 21 '19
I'm making a list plugin. The problem with the list plugin is that it makes a page and names it "kindred+main_menu_item." I can't change the name in the pages settings either because it throws this error code: 

Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /Applications/AMPPS/www/social.com/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/pages_edit_plugin.php on line 73

The name of the page is just supposed to be "Kindred." What am I doing wrong?

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 22 '19

Has the text corresponding to kindred + main_menu_item defined in the language ???

The other error I can not help because of lack of information about what it does and how the plugin does it.

If you want to send me all or part of the code and I will try to help

JB TECH
JB TECH Apr 22 '19

There are several different functions for setting a page name. Here are the examples from our plugin:

OW::getDocument()->setTitle($language->text("supportcenter","support_title")); OW::getDocument()->setDescription($language->text("supportcenter","support_description")); OW::getDocument()->setHeading($language->text("supportcenter","support_heading"));

You put the plugin name followed by the language key id (so in this case, just "main_menu_item" in the second array spot).

However, your error is calling for something else, which is "getId()". What are you doing for this function? Can you share the block of code around line 73?

Thanks.

-Jake

JB TECH

JB TECH
JB TECH Apr 22 '19
Also Note that setTitle and setDescription are meta data values, setHeading is the one that actually shows on the HTML page.
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Apr 24 '19
Topic was moved from General Chat.
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Apr 24 '19
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.