We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to improve e-mail notifications content | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ash
Ash May 13 '19
Hi All

The mail notifications works fantastic! 

But the only thing is the fonts of mail body are too small! On mobile is not responsive and the links are too cluttered! 

Any solution for that please? Where do i need to go and do what changes...

Kind response on this will be highly appreciated! Any extra inputs on headers and customization are also welcome:) 

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 13 '19
Do you have a plugin installed like this one or another similar one that modifies the format of the emails that are sent?

Email logo

Ash
Ash May 14 '19
This does not solves the purpose! I want to modify default notification font size and space of email body...

Any tip will be helpful

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 14 '19

My question is if you had installed some plugin of this type. It's a question, not a tip that you install anything. Please read well.

I know that OxWall can send the emails as plain text or as HTML and somewhere it must be defined what type to use or there must be some function that chooses which type it sends. This I infer from the language files in which there are texts in both formats. But I have never looked at how this works, I have not needed it yet.

If you tell me that you do not have any plugin of this type I'll look at it for you and I'll learn something more from OxWall, but I do not want to waste my time looking for something that may not work because you have installed plugins that I do not have and maybe are modifying these shipments.

Sheene attigrm
Sheene attigrm May 13 '20

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla

My question is if you had installed some plugin of this type. It's a question, not a tip that you install anything. Please read well. mcdvoice login

I know that OxWall can send the emails as plain text or as HTML and somewhere it must be defined what type to use or there must be some function that chooses which type it sends. This I infer from the language files in which there are texts in both formats. But I have never looked at how this works, I have not needed it yet.

If you tell me that you do not have any plugin of this type I'll look at it for you and I'll learn something more from OxWall, but I do not want to waste my time looking for something that may not work because you have installed plugins that I do not have and maybe are modifying these shipments.

Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up.
The Forum post is edited by Sheene attigrm May 14 '20
dave Leader
dave May 13 '20

You modify the fonts and body using custom css.  Use your console to find the right element and use the custom css to change it.

Also your mail client is usually the one that decides if you get html or plain text emails. You can set that default yourself on your personal client.

For example of your client is outlook then you can change the outlook config to only accept one or the other, it is a per user config and up to the user to set that.  

Oxwall just provides both options.  If your personal mail client is set to plain text then you should only get plain text emails regardless, this is how i understand it.

The Forum post is edited by dave May 13 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 13 '20

Does it mean that OxWall sends both formats and the receiver chooses which one to see?

I have not yet made any plugin that sends emails and I have not looked at it. My users don't want emails and they send them all to SPAM, so I abandoned this. Years ago, somewhere, modify by default not to send emails with notifications, and if someone wants to receive them, check the box. I don't think anyone has marked it, 99% of my members are hiding from their partner.

dave Leader
dave May 13 '20

Usually there is an option inside the email header to set the preference, plain text, html, or either one, so only one email is sent. However if the email is sent only in html and the email client only accepts plain text then it could be returned or ignored depending on many factors.

It's called a multi part email and has both html and plain text version all in one.

HTML emails are used more for marketing purposes. Plain text emails are more secure as they dont display pictures or graphics. 

There is a long standing argument as to which one is better, which one is more popular. As far as i know plain text is the most popular setting on the client side.

The Forum post is edited by dave May 13 '20
Peter Groft
Peter Groft Aug 19 '22

First, turn on notifications & choose your settings

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .

In the top left, tap Menu .

Tap Settings.

Select your account.

Tap Notifications and select a notification level.

Tap Inbox notifications.

Choose your notification settings, including sounds.

Regards,

Peter

SalemKring
SalemKring Nov 18 '22
Ahahahaha, the blue net is not as terrible a place as many people think. And it's definitely not where people are trafficked, as @thomthommy96 said. It's just inaccessible links for the average user. You can find a lot of useful stuff if you get access. This can be useful for hiding personal information or personal information when entering a business. But you need to install the right software for that. You can learn more about this and how to create a temporary one-time email account at https://deepweb.net/temp-mail. I recommend you used tempmail to make sure you get it right. Best of luck.
The Forum post is edited by SalemKring Nov 20 '22
VernellZein
VernellZein May 8 '23
Improving the content of your email notifications can be a great way to improve communication with your audience and make sure your messages are read and acted upon.  People tend to skip emails, so make sure your notifications are concise and to the point. Use bullet points, headers, and bold text to highlight key information and make it easier for recipients to quickly scan your message. Email notifications can often seem cold and impersonal. To make your emails more appealing, try using a friendly and conversational tone. Use simple language, avoid jargon, and use humor when appropriate to connect with your audience. But in addition to creating attractive notifications, you should pay attention to security if you're forwarding important information. After all, I've heard all kinds of horror stories at the same https://deeplab.com/darkweb/page/2.
The Forum post is edited by VernellZein May 14 '23
Geraldo Doly
Geraldo Doly Jul 25 '23
Prior to sending your emails, it may be necessary to improve them if they continue to be returned or flagged as spam. But if the problem keeps happening, there might be another reason that is causing it. To correct smtp errors with sending emails, people who send emails for marketing need to concentrate and keep attempting. This article can help you understand what went wrong.
The Forum post is edited by Geraldo Doly Jul 31 '23