We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Avatar upload crop very small BUG!!! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marcus
Marcus Jun 6 '19

Why the original image shows so small when changing avatar?

Conformed the same on oxwall demo. Resize browser size to min and then try to change crop avatar!!!! Try with multiple images just in case

The Forum post is edited by Marcus Jun 6 '19
Attachments:
  6-6-2019 12.6.36 1.jpg (30Kb)
dave Leader
dave Jun 9 '19
If you know how to use the console, you can find the css that controlls the avatar and then eventually put the css override code in the theme css override section in admin theme. 
Marcus
Marcus Jun 9 '19
Dave please could you elaborate this in a but more details. I dont think css would work case i tried it all. This needs js fix to ajust for resolution below 800
Marcus
Marcus Jun 13 '19
Can anyone come up with the fix to make crop responsive? The problem is original image and crop area is way too small on mobiles. 
Catkin
Catkin Jun 13 '19
Hello Marcus!

I checked the Oxwall Demo but was unable to replicate the issue you had. I was although able to edit the size of the frame that the element is in with no trouble and made it smaller. 

I also discovered that you can set the background image which is something I will definitely change on my site! 

What browser are you using?

Marcus
Marcus Jun 13 '19
Demo switches to mobile version and you need to use desktop one.

Steps.

You need to use responsive theme. 

Click on change avatar on 500px or smaller. 

Choose picture the problem the crop section is super slow on resolution below 800