We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bugs - Membership Level | Forum

Darrin
Darrin Nov 4 '12
Not a bad plugin.  It sure helps take the issue out of manually changing peoples "levels".

1) Bug - When I go to any other member's page, it shows me MY level, not theirs.

2) Confusing - When you go to the legend, it shows the max points for that level.  My members think it is the minimum points to get that level.

3) Future? - Any chances to link these to automatically change the "roles" of the member too?

Thanks,

-Darrin
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for your feedback.  They are really useful to improve the features of the plugin.

1) I will see on this and fix this.

2) Please let me know how you would like to have this redesigned.

3) I will surely think to include this feature.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Darrin,

The issue you have reported is fixed and available in the store.

The points that is showing the legend is the maximum point for that level. If users cross that points, they move to the next level. Has made some changes to show that's the maximum point.
Joseph
Joseph Nov 12 '12
the bug has not been fixed I just wasted money on this seriously?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
That's fixed. Can you enable DEBUG mode once to clear the cache and see?

Did you downloaded the latest version? I see that there are 0 downloads for the new version that I uploaded? Without that how you say bug is not fixed? :D
The Forum post is edited by Purusothaman Ramanujam Nov 13 '12
Joseph
Joseph Nov 13 '12
where is this new version? I just bought and downloaded this yesterday
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The stats at the store says that there are 0 downloads to the new version. I am wondering about this.

Can you PM me your site details, so that I can have a look?
Paul
Paul Nov 22 '12
I just bought this today and it has caused some serious problems for me!

Firstly, if you have it scoring on the basis of activity not credit, it crashes the site - I had to deactivate the plugin via cPanel and repair the database tables.  Secondly, no matter whether one uses the activity or credits it shows the score of the person who is logged in not the person they are looking at (i.e. every member's page show MY score not theirs).

Just a suggestion but it would perhaps be better if the plugin had its own database to record scores and the site admin could then set what activities gives the member a point in terms of scoring.  And obviously the plugin would need to show the score of the member whose page is being looked at rather than the score of the person reading the page!

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Paul,

Do you mean plugin caused ur site to crash? What was the error you got? Can you provide me more details? Please PM me the details.

I will see again on this. Even Joseph has mentioned this same issue which I believed I have fixed. I will work on this and let you guys know.
Darrin
Darrin Dec 2 '12
Still the same bugs here on my site too... Thanks for keeping up with trying to solve these issues. 
Daren
Daren Dec 2 '12
Purus .. I was "this" close to buy this ... when it's all FULLY tested and APPROVED .. you can PM me to buy this ... I got too muchhhhhh stuffs to do with my site to troubleshoot with questions flying over to u .... and I can't afford a crashed site .. I will go bazookas or bombay lol

But I trust u .... keep it up  !!!! This is not the first plugin I buy from u and I guarantee u it is not the last .... *wink* lolol

Cheers

edit :: on your page, the out-dated version of this plugin is making me think twice .....

The Forum post is edited by Daren Dec 2 '12
Chris H.
Chris H. Dec 2 '12
Just purchased this also a day or so ago and I to am having the same bug. Shows my score on all users profile's if I am the only one logged in but will show the score of the most recent logged in user if more then me. I activated the Dev Tool and cleared the cache but no help it did. Let us know what's going on or when there is an update for this ready.

Other then that I am looking real forward in using this plugin. Thanks.
The Forum post is edited by Chris H. Dec 2 '12
Purusothaman Ramanujam
1) My demo page is not yet updated.

2) I will have the new version with the fix available soon in a day or 2.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
For me it works fine.

Can someone PM me you cpanel and site admin details? I wish to see the issue and debug.

For me the widget shows the level of the users whose profile is seen. I can provide screen shots if needed.
Chris H.
Chris H. Dec 3 '12

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam For me it works fine.

Can someone PM me you cpanel and site admin details? I wish to see the issue and debug.

For me the widget shows the level of the users whose profile is seen. I can provide screen shots if needed.

I think I found what might be an issue. After browsing through my Database I found that in the ow_base_plugin database that there is no table that exists with the Membership Level entry in it. I was going to place my License key in to the License Key column and saw that Memberships Level does not even exist. I may be wrong on this but it might be an issue. I have repeatedly de-activated & re-activated the plugin along with uninstalling and re-installing. I also wanted to note that when I activate the debug mode I get no errors related to the plugin.
The Forum post is edited by Chris H. Dec 3 '12
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Chris,

The plugin does not have any table on its own. It uses the existing tables of other plugins.

If you could PM me your site/cpanel details, I can quickly figure it out.
Chris H.
Chris H. Dec 6 '12

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Chris,

The plugin does not have any table on its own. It uses the existing tables of other plugins.

If you could PM me your site/cpanel details, I can quickly figure it out.

Sorry for the slow response as I am trying to get another issue with Oxwall addressed. Let me know when a good time would be for you to do this. I will PM you my secondary Admin account and we can go from there. I would rather use my ArrowChat from there to give you my cPanel credentials for security reasons. I should be on most of the day and evening today. I will PM you now.

Yeah no matter what I do whether I completely uninstall/reinstall or deactivate/reactivate even after clearing the cache with the Dev Tool it still does the same. I even completely deleted the plugin files before I reinstalled it still does the same.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
It would be better if you could PM me admin details and cpanel login details, so that tomorrow morning ISt, I can see on this.
Jacq
Jacq Jan 15 '13
Does this plugin work properly now?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I could not find any confirmed bug. Please let me know the details if there are any findings.
Pages: 1 2 3 »
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic