We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed entry when Avatar is changed | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hi,

I would like to check with the core team, how the avatar change notifications are handled.

In one of my plugin (Admin Pal), the event of adding friend is displayed multiple times when the user changes the avatar. To note the friendship was added alrady sometime ago.

It sounds like a bug with the notification.. Can someone from the core Oxwall dev team can have a look?
Joseph
Joseph Nov 5 '12
this may be linked to why I was getting timeout errors when changing avatars I thought it very strange
Purusothaman Ramanujam
May be I get error when changing the avatar in oxwall.org too.. I posted another post here about this.
Joseph
Joseph Nov 5 '12
this is not my issue after removing admin pal I still had this issue and I dont get the issue on oxwall.org so it may be an issue on your end 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Plugin has nothing to do with the newsfeed. The question is how the avatar change action triggers this?
Alia Team
Alia Nov 7 '12
Purusothaman, can you give us more details? (may be a place where we can reproduce the issue). Does this happen only on your site?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Aliia,

Sorry for the late reply. I missed this thread somehow as I did not subscribe.

The issue does not happen in my test/dev servers.

One of the user has this issue : http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/6623
Helike
Helike Nov 16 '12
PS.: As I reciving to many notifications (+20 notifications) I turned off it on Newsfeed plugin.
The Forum post is edited by Helike Nov 16 '12