We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Looking for a way to put a GUI on folders of images. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
ryan bud
ryan bud Sep 12 '19

We had an event recently where around 1400 photos were taken...we uploaded them to our server, put into folders for each person attending.

Since we don't know every person's name, right now the folders are named numerically. Is there a plug in or method to display these folders with a thumbnail instead of the folders being listed? They're not imported into the media library as that would be insanely tedious...and would make normal website posts a PIA.

Almost all the gallery plugins want the images in the media gallery or in the uploads folder, which isn't an option as this folder has to be used due to the location being publicized.

Thanks!

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Sep 12 '19

Can you give me a more clear idea?

I think our developer friends are good at matters. A lot of people know that they are open to new ideas.

The projects and ideas to be done need to be clearer.

You should present your problems and ideas in a clearer way and give examples.

AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 15 '19
This has a pretty clear objective Turkiye...

My question is:
Is this to be for the Admins / Management or Public Facing for the Users?

You want the images to be stored in a different location / manner and for them to be displayed as thumbnails (Recursive Iteration of Each Folder?)

Give us a little more detail if possible. 

dave Leader
dave Sep 17 '19
This can be done with adding any custom folder names to the htaccess file, a custom page and alittle html.  However regardless how you do it i think that without a specific plugin just for this purpose you are going to find it to be tedious coding. 

Here is how you can create your own gallery, youll have to change it a bit for this use, but the principle is the same. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/16678

The coding is still going to be tedious, but you can just copy and paste alot of the coding and just change the file names. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 17 '19