We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Looking for CSS developer | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Catkin
Catkin Nov 11 '19
Hay, our sites to launch in three days from today. We require a CSS developer to help fix a few elements on our custom theme, made by me.

• Newsfeed text moves off side of screen.

• photos page photos don't fit in frames

• comments don't appear under photos on mobile

We can pay $10/hour for high quality work. Looking for someone with an eye for detail.

Please email me: jamie@officallyjamie.com

Ezeani Victor Chika
Ezeani Victor Chika Nov 28 '19
I tried reaching you through an email seems the email you posted is not valid
Marcus
Marcus Nov 29 '19
What exactly you wanna do.. Maybe we can help and you save money for some other stuff
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Nov 29 '19
Catkin
Catkin Nov 29 '19
Hay folks! Whoops, sorry for my sudden radio silence. Literally forgot to check back here.

We did thankfully find a developer who was able to help us! 

I plan to actually release the theme that I created onto the store by the end of this year. So hold tight!

My corrected email is: jamie@officiallyjamie.com

dave Leader
dave Nov 29 '19
Great news and thanks for being part of the development process.   

Have you gotten your developer to stick with you on a retainer. Its something you might think about long term.  If that developer leaves and takes their secrets and knowledge of the theme with them, you may have a tough time offering support to users.  At least get them to teach you enough about the coding that you can support most of it.  

Dave :)

Catkin
Catkin Nov 30 '19
Hay Dave!

Most of the theme is by me, then one other developer who made the theme scale to fit mobile and we hired another to produce the mobile layout on the profile pages.

The developer we hired for this work is still with us and fixed some fetures of comments and a few small tweeks. 

I should be able to provide some support but as this is a theme I would not expect to cover all the issues people may have with it.

Marcus
Marcus Dec 1 '19
Just a word of caution.... Be careful when hireing freelancer case you never know what their gonna do with whatever they have created for ya... 
Marcus
Marcus Dec 1 '19
Think about this scenerio..... You spend a good amount of money on some kickass article for your website.. Now the big question is... What the author of that content will do with it are they gonna spin it and recell it or sell it just the way it is thus rendering my content prrtty much useless in the iyes of Google if it discoveres same article on two or more different sites... There is lot to think about upon letting someone do my work... 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Dec 1 '19