We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support Questions - iola | Forum

iola team
iola team Nov 13 '19
Feel free to ask anything about the plugin
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Nov 13 '19
But i asked you 2 days ago and you did not respond :( but responded to someone who asked 20 minutes ago.

I cant login, when i put username and password it takes me back to login page again, my website is https://www.myvirgo.info

Also when are you releasing the premium version where we can download our apps directly from app stores without having to use the Iola App and use our URL?

iola team
iola team Nov 13 '19

Yes, sorry for the silence and thanks for your patience Webster Molaudi!

We have just set up the support, from now on we'll try to be more in touch with you all.

We have launched the app but haven't announced the production release yet (as you remember we were in beta stage). Soon we'll announce the publishing.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you certain date of releasing the premium version because we still work on it. As soon as we finish we will publish the news on this forum, on our twitter and via our newsletter (you can subscribe it on our website).

Respectfully,

Roman Romanovsky

Senior Developer, iola team

The Forum post is edited by iola team Nov 13 '19
gami
gami Nov 13 '19
I cant login, when i put username and password it takes me back to login page again. website I have sent you in he a private message

mike

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Nov 13 '19
Hi Support,

You have not answered my question and gami's, we have the same issues....kindly assist what could be wrong or is there a fix ?

iola team
iola team Nov 14 '19

Hello Mike and Webster,

I've created the task on your issue and soon we'll figure out the cause of it. I'll come back to you with results.

Respectfully,

Roman Romanovsky

gami
gami Nov 14 '19

Quote from iola team

Hello Mike and Webster,

I've created the task on your issue and soon we'll figure out the cause of it. I'll come back to you with results.

Respectfully,

Roman Romanovsky

thanks.
iola team
iola team Nov 18 '19

Hello gami and Webster Molaudi,

We have investigated the login issue (after entering of valid login/password user still was redirected on Sign in screen) and its cause is the incorrect web server configuration. To make iola work with your website you should update the content of your .htaccess file that is located in the root Oxwall directory. Add to the bottom of this file these rows:

# Authorization header (support iola app authorization)

SetEnvIf Authorization "(.*)" HTTP_AUTHORIZATION=$1

After you update .htaccess file everything should work fine (there is no need to reload web server). Let us know if you'll face with any difficulties or this method will not fix your problem.

Respectfully,

Roman Romanovsky

The Forum post is edited by iola team Nov 18 '19
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Nov 18 '19
Hi there,

Thanks it worked perfectly, i love the app waiting for the premium version...Finally oxwall is getting somewhere :) the app is a bit slow but it works as it should. Then it keeps crushing when i go to profile info and asks me to relaunch.

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Nov 18 '19
iola team
iola team Nov 18 '19

We are glad to hear it! We appreciate your feedback Webster Molaudi.

Currently, we are working on this Profile preview issue, thank you.

iola team

iola team
iola team Nov 18 '19

For all those who faced with user profile preview issue (app crashes and displays the "Oops! Something went wrong" screen).

It's likely the Locations Maps plugin causes error. Currently, we don't support this plugin so please try to disable it at least for test. If you still won't be able to preview users profiles, please let us know.

We will try to support this plugin in the near future.

gami
gami Nov 19 '19

great thanks it works now :-) load the profile a bit slowly, but otherwise super wait already for the next update and premium version.

gami
gami Nov 25 '19
a short question what attitude does the webserver need to work?

Mike
iola team
iola team Nov 27 '19
Hello gami,

Do you mean the optimal technical characteristics for the web server? It's a relative value, for example on our demo platform we have 1gb of ram and 1 CPU up to 3GHz.

Michael
Michael Nov 28 '19

Hello.

I tried to use iola with skadate. After installing iola, the complete message/mail/chatsystem dont word any more. I can write messages and send them, but the the message is lost. The message istn't show anymore in the chatwindow, not in the db, nowhere.

After uninstalling iola, all works again.

Any hints/ideas?

Michael

gami
gami Nov 30 '19

Quote from iola team Hello gami,

Do you mean the optimal technical characteristics for the web server? It's a relative value, for example on our demo platform we have 1gb of ram and 1 CPU up to 3GHz.

hi, no I don't mean that you wrote that it's a wrong web server configuration. 
I just wanted to know what it takes for a wrong webserver configuration ;-)
Stan Jensen
Stan Jensen Dec 2 '19
Is it possible to pay someone to install and have this working as it should?
iola team
iola team Dec 3 '19
Quote from Michael

Hello.

I tried to use iola with skadate. After installing iola, the complete message/mail/chatsystem dont word any more. I can write messages and send them, but the the message is lost. The message istn't show anymore in the chatwindow, not in the db, nowhere.

After uninstalling iola, all works again.

Any hints/ideas?

Michael

Hello Michael,

We didn't aim on Skadate platform yet and didn't test it. We've added a new feature ticket for it here: https://feedback.userreport.com/...1-a394-0dd4d2441d6e/ the Skadate is based on Oxwall we will try to support it as soon as we can.

Thank you.

The Forum post is edited by iola team Dec 3 '19
iola team
iola team Dec 3 '19
Quote from gami
Quote from iola team Hello gami,

hi, no I don't mean that you wrote that it's a wrong web server configuration. 
I just wanted to know what it takes for a wrong webserver configuration ;-)
Hello gami, we'll contact you via private messaging.
iola team
iola team Dec 3 '19
Quote from Stan Jensen Is it possible to pay someone to install and have this working as it should?
Hello Stan,

We've checked your website and the problem is that it still works on HTTP protocol which we don't support since it is insecure for users' personal data. So at first you'll need to use HTTPS protocol and then you could use iola.

You can read more about HTTP vs HTTPS here: https://www.securitymetrics.com/...tp-websites-insecure

Looks like you had successfully installed the iola plugin so you left to setup SSL certificate.

To make it you'll need to complete these steps:

1) To buy the SSL Certificate from your website hoster (looks like it is ionos.com and they have "SSL Starter" plan for $20 per year here: https://www.ionos.com/security/ssl-certificate)

2) You'll need to setup it and make HTTP redirect on HTTPS

Unfortunately, we don't provide such technical support so please find someone to help you with this task so your website start to work on HTTPS protocol.

P/S Quite possible that your hoster is pretty modern so all steps that I've described to you could work automatically after you just pay for SSL Certificate.

P/P/S Good luck :)

Respectfully,

Roman Romanovsky

Pages: 1 2 »
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic