We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

interrupt plugin install and then continue? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marcus
Marcus Nov 21 '19

Is there a way I can interrupt or stop plugin installation at some like inside of install.php ask user for some info and then continue?

dave Leader
dave Nov 22 '19
I am not aware of a way to do that at this time.  
Marcus
Marcus Nov 22 '19
no joy lol thanks dave
dave Leader
dave Nov 22 '19
maybe tomorrow you can tell me what kind of input you need 
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Nov 22 '19
If you run the install.php file of the plugin, can't you enter a form there? I have not tried it, but it should work. You can also enter a variable that deactivates the plugin until the administrator completes the necessary data
dave Leader
dave Nov 22 '19
The problem is that without config values or some other way to store the data and a admin function as part of the form, you cant add a form.  Smarty handles all the forms and its partly done between the html page and the php page    There is no route yet during install. 

Of course i could be wrong and someone could force a form there but im not sure what info he needs, could be another way to get it.

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 22 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Nov 22 '19
If you have a route and activated, the installation of the plugin and is activated ... I still have not tried it but a form should work, or a "prompt" in JavaScript. Tomorrow I will test it out of curiosity, which is too late in my country now. What I just didn't understand is that questions may be necessary before installing a plugin that cannot be asked once installed