We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestion - Document Reader | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Nov 27 '19
Hi there,

Does this also work with Chat and Messages?

Thanks 

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 27 '19
Yes, it works on Chat, Messages and wherever links to documents are posted on the website.
Webster Molaudi
HI E,

That's awesome, will it work if i attached a document like how what's up would have in a chat?

It would be nice if you attach a file via Newsfeed, Chat, Message, Forum or anywhere with attachment option then it float like how infeed video works on oxwall newsfeed. Will add this to my list of plugins to buy in future :) nice work !!

Thanks

Ebenezer Obasi
Yes, it will work with documents attached anywhere on the website, including chats.
Ebenezer Obasi
I'm also looking at the possibility of adding a new feature that will allow users to upload custom documents from their PC and read on the reader page. Of course, this feature can be turned off by admin.

Additionally, users will be able to upload files and organised them in folders. There will also be a reading list component, showing previous files you have open.

I'm open to more ideas, chip in your thoughts :)

Webster Molaudi
Sound great can't wait....Another idea maybe the ability to link to your dropbox, google drive or OneDrive to share directly from there and instead of only reading from the plugin, if someone sends me a file or document i can send / save it to my dropbox, google drive or OneDrive from the float page.

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Nov 27 '19
Ebenezer Obasi
Interesting idea with the Dropbox/Google Drive. I wonder how many people will be interested in this?

I have even considered adding features to allow users/admin create private folders and grant access to those folder to users who subscribes to them. This will allow website admin or users to create a sort of paid e-lecture services. I'm not sure whether to include this feature as part of this plugin or to make another plugin for it.

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 30 '19
New features for creating folders and uploading documents

The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Nov 30 '19
Ada Donie
Ada Donie Apr 23 '21

Quote from Ebenezer Obasi New features for creating folders and uploading documents

sir  , are this also support in mobile version ?

You do not have permission to reply this topic