We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Decimalising Credits - User Credits | Forum

Paul
Paul Nov 14 '12
Hi - would it be possible for credits to work to decimal places e.g. 0.01 or 0.0001 etc.

The reason I ask is that I run a paying social network and I would like the credits to reflect actual earnings in a way members understand.  At the moment, I use a system where 1000 credits is worth 1 cent (or $0.01) but members find it hard to relate to extremely large numbers.

For example, $50.10 would appear as a credit balance of 5001000 and members seem to find this difficult to relate to.  As some members are earning in excess of $100 a month, it becomes even more confusing for them!

If the User Credits plugin could be amended so it shows to a number of decimal places then it would be absolutely brilliant.  The number of decimal places ideally would be chosen by the site admin as I would need to have it to five decimal places to reflect some commission earnings from referrals but others may only require one or two decimal places.

I look forward to your reply in due course.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Nov 16 '12
Paul,  currently this is not possible.
I have put this suggestion into the review list.
Paul
Paul Nov 18 '12
Thank you - it would be a great help if it could be done.  I know how to change the database to reflect decimal points but I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know where to start changing the actual plugin!
You do not have permission to reply this topic