We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

message/notification - Member ads | Forum

Michael
Michael Mar 21 '20

Hi Patricia.

I deactivated the normal message plugin (its not really good) and want to use arrowchat. But it looks like your plugin need the normal messages plugin, because if somebody wnats to do a report we get we get error 500:

Maybe it would be better using the activity notification plugin.

Maybe you have any ideas/tips to solve this.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Michael

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Mar 21 '20

Yes, certainly my plugin assumes that the message plugin is installed and activated.

I will add a check that Messages is operational before using its features in the next version.

Michael
Michael Mar 21 '20

Ok, no chance to chance it to notification plugin?

If not, i will try to turn off only the chatbar at the bottom right.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Mar 21 '20

No, the notification plugin is not a message system. It will send a notification if it is written on the ad wall.

You could make your own message system between advertisers and interested parties, but it is out of the possibilities of a € 30 plugin.

Doesn't say why you don't like the plugin messages 

Michael
Michael Mar 21 '20

The message system is ok, but the chat of it is not very user friendly, too little emotes and so on. A chat like arrowchat or cometchat is much better and user friendly.

Also here if somebody write an answer i get a notification at the clock, not a message at the mail symbol.

You do not have permission to reply this topic