We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

My site has stopped sending notifications. What is wrong now? | Forum

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 16 '12
What is causing this? Is it the anti spammer or the SMTP? I have installed the anti spammer. I have also activated the SMTP. In fact when I tested the SMTP, it was confirmed to be correctly activated. Then what is wrong again?
I have sent a lot of notifications and none has been delivered to users inboxes. should I de-activate the SMTP or the anti spammer?
Advice needed ASAP

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Only one of the option(verify logged in users) of anti-spammer makes the site slow. Rest is okay.
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 16 '12
So what do  you suggest I do? My site has not sent any messages out for two days and two nights? Should I shut the anti spammer down or I should de-activate the SMTP?
Alia Team
Alia Nov 19 '12
Kumi, I think that this topic duplicated this one http://www.oxwall.org/...um/topic/6677?page=1; . So your emails are coming, but with the delay?
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 20 '12
Aliia,
In fact when I enabled the SMTP, the site could not send even emails. Then I disabled it, it could send emails but not other notifications.

I have installed a notifications plugin which should send reminders to concerned users if there is anything new related to their profile,
eg, new comment,picture rating, etc (but friend request is ok), these notifications are not sent.
Any advice?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
If so, the problem is with your smtp settings. If disabled oxwall uses PHP mail function.
Alia Team
Alia Nov 21 '12
Kumi,  are you referring to this plugin http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/38 ?
Can you make sure that in the settings of this plug in the user you are testing with selected "Immediately" option?

With regards to SMTP, Purusothaman is right. If the site is not sending emails when SMTP is enabled, but is sending them out when it is disabled, then this is something to do with your mail server.
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 21 '12
Yes, that's the plugin I am using and I have set it to "Immediately". It can send notification when there is a friend request, a gift is sent and when a private message is sent.
It cannot send notifications if there are comments or rating of pictures and others.
Yes as soon as I disabled the SMTP, it was able to send notices of friend request, receipt of gifts and private messages.
If this has to do with the hosting, then let me know so I can contact them.