We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Index Page - Cusomize HTML Object | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Fred
Fred May 10 '20

So, pretty embarrassing but here is the scenario. I tried to copy a script to place a stock market ticker at the top of the index page. Put it in the customize box HTML box on top of index page, it finished and BAM, now every time i go to my index page, my site opens up this financial site. Pretty dumb of me I know.

I found the placement in SQL, deleted it, found the setting and language in SQL, deleted it. Did dev modes, cleared cache, even used the OxArt extreme cache and optimizer. No matter what I do, that little fricken custom HTML script wont go away so I can have my index page back.

Any ideas folks?? HELP...

Thank you,

Fred

The Forum post is edited by Fred May 10 '20
Fred
Fred May 10 '20
Or maybe even advise on how to put back in a fresh blank index page only???
dave Leader
dave May 10 '20

hi, interesting, i have never run into this but lets try a few things to be sure your still not loading the cache version. 

Have you opened the site on another broswer?

Have you cleared your dns cache using the command prompt in windows

ipconfig /flushdns

Have you deleted all the files in your ow_smarty/template_c folder, oxwall will replace them dont worry, it will actually replace the template_c folder as well if you just want to zap that.

Please share your site url so we can have a look.

The Forum post is edited by dave May 10 '20
Fred
Fred May 11 '20

Stubborn little bugger that is...

Deleted all in template_c and your right, replaced it all...

Opened in Internet Explorer - never use, and it did the same thing...

Not sure how to do that flushdns, cleared all cache's in Chrome and Firefox, no go...

Won't even give me a moment to hit the customize button on the page before it goes so fast to the financial website... I've never seen that before... Wow...

Any other ideas how to get to this customize HTML object to get rid of it or where it might have placed it to keep doing it?? Just checked the SQL, and that table didn't repopulate, it's still deleted...

HELP....

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 11 '20

When you jump to the other site, you have already logged in.

At this point the cookie indicating that you have logged in is already recorded, so open another tab in the same browser and log in not to yoursite.com, but to yoursite.com/admin 

It must be the same browser and in the same session, otherwise the cookie is invalid and will ask you to log in again.

Another option is to put the web in maintenance mode from the database, in the ow_base_config table in the record key='base' name='maintenance', in the value field change the 0 for 1

Fred
Fred May 11 '20

Holy crap, I figured it out...  None of that worked but thank you...

Here's what I did... YOURSITE/https:/index/customize?disable-js=1, timed it to hit the stop loading page ( X ) and it froze on the customizing area with the widgets to place where box. Kept hitting the X box for delete that HTML customize box and after about 15 tries of timing it fricken did it... Deleted that crap forever out of top available items box...

Wow....

dave Leader
dave May 11 '20
Thanks for sharing your solution, it might help others.  And glad you got it resolved.  Yes be careful with the custom html widget.   :)
Fred
Fred May 11 '20

Yeah, will do. Seems this YOURSITE/https:/index/customize?disable-js=1 slowed it down just enough from forwarding to other site so fast, I had time to catch it just in time to delete it... So wierd, never saw anything like that....