We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Child questions | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Christophe Tricaud
Christophe Tricaud May 12 '20
Looking in some code I saw that questions can be chuild of another question. How can I handle this? I am intersted that a user choose his country and then the state of the country. However the list of states depends on the country.

Any idea how to do that?

Christophe Tricaud

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 12 '20

There are three plugins in the store:

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/558 16USD

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/436 25USD

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1578 50USD

that solve this in a better way.

I think the prices are very good because they correspond to very bad, normal and very good, you decide.

Create another plugin with two dropdown lists interconnected by JavaScript .... Not worth it, these are better solutions and they are done.

The Forum post is edited by Patricia Zorrilla May 12 '20
Christophe Tricaud
Christophe Tricaud May 12 '20
Ok I thought this was part of the oxwall packge since the question service seems to use them!

Thank you again but this is for map only, this is not what I need for.

I will have a deeper look on the code.

Christophe

The Forum post is edited by Christophe Tricaud May 12 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader

OxWall gives you basic functionality and the profile fields that allow you to be valid for the search engine are used in the search engine.

These plugins also add questions to the search engine.

The idea of the system seems perfect to me, in a dating site it is essential to see the distance that people are, but in a scientific research forum (for example) with the basic options of OxWall you have enough.

OxWall is a base platform for any project, you can adapt it with plugins and graphic themes, and if you want more customization you can edit the code because it is open so that it is what you need. Or hire someone to configure everything for you. Other systems are more closed, they are what they are and you cannot change more than the colors or extend them.

dave Leader
dave May 12 '20
Patricia, thanks so much, your extended personal knowledge of store plugins is impressive and appreciated.  Its great you can help users with these kinds of quesitons. :)
Patricia Zorrilla Leader

OxWall we are all and we must contribute what we can, there is no need to thank.

Before making a plugin I look at the ones that are already on sale and the opinions of the users, I have bought the majority and I have studied in detail the file of each one, with the evaluations and their forum. I have been taking notes of the good and the bad

I hope you approve of the two new ones I have made that are very novel. It plays on Sunday, lately they are approved on a Sunday afternoon every two weeks.

Also in the queue is one of my friend Sumate's COVID-19 .... The disease will end before we have the plugin.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 19 '20

Quote from online freetranslator

Online free translator convert English words, phrase or text to easily as per requirement most accurate translation of the english. Also, Instantly translate English words, phrase or text to several different languages. This is one of the best google translator that perform real time language translation.

Online English to serveral different languages free translation 100% guaranted....

These spammers have forgotten my language, the second in the world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

The Forum post is edited by Patricia Zorrilla May 19 '20
Mary Biggs
Mary Biggs Feb 15 '22
We can create computer software, games, apps, and websites thanks to coding. However, thanks to domeanessay, I now understand How Gadgets Aid Students In Learning. A PIC 32 microcontroller universal board, which incorporates the PIC18F452, PIC18F252, PIC16F877A, and PIC16F84 microcontrollers, is a powerful development platform.