We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't Upload Photos | Forum

Derek
Derek Nov 20 '12
Hi everyone! 

I started using oxwall today and have it installed and most of the features are working perfectly except I can't seem to upload photos. I searched the forum and tried a few different things but still can't get it to work. 

I'm not sure if it's the cron job that I've setup incorrectly. I'm using Godaddy and all I did was add the line: 

1/usr/local/bin/php /html/ow_cron/run.php
before this line in the run.php file define('_OW_', true);

Most of the other functions like chat, create groups etc work perfectly. 

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the photo upload working that would be greatly appreciated. 

Derek

Derek
Derek Nov 20 '12
I should also mention that this is my third time installing oxwall as I was having some difficulities the first two times. Perhaps not all of the files were removed on the first two occasions. I read in another post about removing the ht_access file? 
Derek
Derek Nov 20 '12
There was no error in dev mode.
Derek
Derek Nov 20 '12
In the photo settings its like this:

Maximum file size Mb (Server limit: 8M)The photo cannot be uploaded if the size limit is exceeded. The possible limit is 0.5 Mb

Alia Team
Alia Nov 21 '12
>>I can't seem to upload photos

Most common reasons is 777 permissions ( users are not allowed to upload images, because the folder where images go is not writable).
Check whether you have set 777 persmissions recursively to :
- ow_userfiles/

- ow_pluginfiles/

- ow_static/

When you upload an image do you get any errors? Or just a blank page?

Alia Team
Alia Nov 21 '12
Derek
Derek Nov 21 '12
Thank you! I changed the permission for the static folder to 777 and retried it but it didn't work. I have now tried to uninstall the plugin and will reinstall it (as per advice on another thread). How long does it normally take for the plugin to be uninstalled? There are no photos uploaded so I would have guessed this would have happened immediately but it still appears in the installed plugins section.
Derek
Derek Nov 21 '12
When I tried to re-login it said it was in maintenance mode and the photo plugin is still there in the active list? I am logged in as the admin and still see the plugin. Should I click uninstall again?
Derek
Derek Nov 21 '12
I can deactivate the plugin, I just can't delete it. 
Alia Team
Alia Nov 23 '12
Derek, the should have got reinstalled right away.
Do you mind sharing your admin panel username and pass?
Tim
Tim Nov 28 '12
Hello

Is there any update with this issue/ I am finding that I am suffering from the same thing and cannot figure out what is going wrong. Any help that you could give would be very much appreciated.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 4 '12
Tim, I have not received access details from Derek yet. So the issue is still open. Do you mind sharing yours?  ( You can PM them to me)
Derek
Derek Dec 4 '12
Hi Aliia,

Please feel free to close this posting as I am no longer using Oxwall. 

Thank you! 

Derek

Loralai
Loralai Dec 14 '12
I am am having this issue as well. We started using oxwall recently and for some reason we cannot seem to upload profile photos, it always refresh the page and says "Please select image" When we upload photos into the photos area of the site the images come out blank. This is on a hostgator account. Any help would be useful 
Alia Team
Alia Dec 17 '12
Loralai, check  this topic http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/1935 ; . I think that Spencer Wood's suggestion might solve your issue.
Kris Corp
Kris Corp Sep 28 '14
Im having the same issue. But mine is with my phone with responsive. You told me oxwall doesnt support desktop versions on the phone. I need this to work on all phones. How can i make the mobile upload a basic photo upload then because all the basic ones seem to work fine.
ross Team
ross Sep 29 '14
What do you mean with my phone with responsive?
Josh
Josh Nov 19 '14
Hello I am also having the same issue. I can't post or upload pictures or create an album. Each time I try, a dark overlay comes up and is blank.

I have adjusted the permission settings as Aliia suggested but it still doesn't work. I have deactivated and reinstalled the photo plugin and no luck there either. I have also made sure that mod_security isn't enabled as I use a VPS with GoDaddy but still it doesn't work

How can these be solved?
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 19 '14
Nice ! Do you new on Godaddy's VPS Pro plan ?
Josh
Josh Nov 19 '14
I am also Kelvin, could you rephrase your question?
Pages: 1 2 »