We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Servers | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
We The People United We Stand

Hey Guys,

I am looking into setting up a server.

What is the best specs one should get to get?  The middle ground one.

dave Leader
dave Aug 10 '20

I ran one of these for a long time and never had any issue.

dedispec.com/servers.php#core

intel Core i3-3220

Plenty of storage, good ram, great price at $32, and nice people to work with.

Then all you need is the free cloudflare account and the $15 per month cPanel with WHM and your good to go, no more hosting account needed.  You just need a registrar for the domain is all.

Now if you really know what your doing there are free panels out there but you really have to know how things work server side and you need to know some bash as well if you choose one of those.

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 10 '20
Marcus
Marcus Aug 11 '20
hi i was skeptical about cloudflare at first but when i started getting hummered by ddos atacks i had no choice and omg my mind was blown away by how much they improve and protect ur site for free. 
Marcus
Marcus Aug 11 '20
im on 4gb ram and 2 cpus i3 server. 3mils requests a week and so far looks good. 
Marcus
Marcus Aug 11 '20
i noticed pages thst show userList slow the heck out of the site. that class needs to be looked at
Marcus
Marcus Aug 11 '20
was forced to move to ajax userList since it was crashing site
Cameron
Cameron Dec 8 '20
what are the tasks of this server?
The Forum post is edited by Cameron Dec 8 '20
surveyrewards
surveyrewards Jul 29 '21

Gathering City is a notable American traded on an open market corporate store of gathering stores. It was established by Steve Mandell in East Hanover, New Jersey, in the year 1986. The main establishment of Party Store was opened in Hazlet, New Jersey in 1989. This is a retail, producing, and dispersing organization and has stores in excess of 900 areas. It is perhaps the greatest retailer of gathering merchandise in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. Besides, burlington surveyit has establishment outlets under the Party City, Toy City, Halloween City, and Factory Card and Party Outlet brands.

Jami
Jami Mar 13 '23
Another factor to consider when selecting an RV solar panel is the mounting system. Most RV solar panels utilize either a fixed or adjustable mounting system. Fixed mounting systems are more permanent, while adjustable mounting systems allow you to adjust the angle of your panels to maximize their efficiency. https://rvneedthis.com/best-tpms-for-rv/
Abdulwahab
Abdulwahab Jun 4 '23
I just read out the whole conversation between experts and I learner a lot about bash from the conversation . I want to add some additional information. I want to share  a link of a website which I found after research and i suggest you to visit the website to learn about the bash... here is the link.. click