We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Thanks to all for helping with spam | Forum

dave Leader
dave Sep 22 '20

Just wanted to recognize Chris_W and Patricia for heads up on reporting spam, we just got hit with a ton of it (more than 100 posts) and between what you reported, and what i reported, and what i deleted, i think we almost have them all. 

Their plan is to just have a few missed, but i wont let that happen, i will destroy them all. 

It would be a huge task to do it myself and i thank you both for your efforts and time spent.

Also thanks to everyone that reports spam, it maks my job easier (remember i dont get paid for this) and it helps keep the forum clean if we all work together. 

Thanks for all your efforts... :)

Dave :0)

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 22 '20
David
David Sep 23 '20
You need to renegotiate your "I work for free" contract, dude. :-)  Thanks for what you do, man. 
dave Leader
dave Sep 24 '20
Thank you as well.... yeah im talking to the union reps now lol.... they left a message be back in 10 min went to get donuts and have never returned LMAO  :)
Marcus
Marcus Sep 24 '20
u should have anti flood functions like 1 reply every 60 sec. Also check wheather user previous message is same as the one they're trying to post. Userd under sertain amount of posts cant add links.

Spam word blocker is a must have one. 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Sep 24 '20
Marcus
Marcus Sep 24 '20
Record eack post error event after sertain amout ban for some time its good for getting rid of bots. 
dave Leader
dave Sep 24 '20
yeah all that stuff is great and they have some of that on the personal messages but not on the forum, and i dont have access to that code on the server, so we are stuck with doing it the hard way...