We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

oxwall signup error - very important to resolve | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ash
Ash Feb 8 '21
Hello all great developers!

I am facing this problem since quite a time,

You might be aware that in oxwall When you have multiple account at signup level then the account-specific questions come after clicking continue, after filling the id,email and password field.

Now the problem is, even if you put wrong password (mis match) it still allows the users to proceed when on clicking continue button and when the password are mis-match on the earlier page, the user just cant understand the error and hence we loose a valuable acquisition

any trick to custom code will be highly appreciated!

Thanks and look forward,

Cheers!

The Forum post is edited by Ash Feb 8 '21
dave Leader
dave Feb 8 '21

I think patricia would be a big help here..  I know how to do it but i have not yet done so with oxwall. 

It takes some js to compare the two fields and kick it back onChange event if they dont match.   It should be easy to do, sounds like a good plugin idea.  

So basically how it works is that you give the two PW fields and id, then you get the document id's in js and compare them, if they dont match then do an alert or textContent message to tell them.  

The challenge i believe is that oxwall uses dynamic id's that are never the same i believe for that form.  So would have to see if there is some function in oxwall that can be used.

Ash
Ash Feb 8 '21

Quote from dave

I think patricia would be a big help here..  I know how to do it but i have not yet done so with oxwall. 

It takes some js to compare the two fields and kick it back onChange event if they dont match.   It should be easy to do, sounds like a good plugin idea.  

So basically how it works is that you give the two PW fields and id, then you get the document id's in js and compare them, if they dont match then do an alert or textContent message to tell them.  

The challenge i believe is that oxwall uses dynamic id's that are never the same i believe for that form.  So would have to see if there is some function in oxwall that can be used.

How about removing the 2nd password field of repeating the password? users can always re-set password if they don't remember!
dave Leader
dave Feb 9 '21
That wont work to just remove the display of it, you would have to remove the input as well, and then you would have to also remove any process that compared the two until the process was done..
The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 9 '21
dave Leader
dave Feb 9 '21
Well i tried, i thought it would only take a few min so i tried. The js is so easy but oxwall uses that stupid form framework and classes to build the form and i gave up looking for where to add the onBlur event..   sorry oxwall just makes forms so complicated and they dont need to be.  Thats what html is for.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 9 '21

It's fixed now, but Ash doesn't like to write.

OxWall works fine, I had a buggy JavaScript installed that interfered.

dave Leader
dave Feb 9 '21
ok thanks patricia i did not know ash was talking about you or i would have said something to you in private, sorry...
Ash
Ash Feb 9 '21

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla

It's fixed now, but Ash doesn't like to write.

OxWall works fine, I had a buggy JavaScript installed that interfered.

SO sorry Pat, i missed this, yes everything is solved! It was my mistake. And Thanks a lot for the great support as always!