We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

problems with apps | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Stan Jensen
Stan Jensen Apr 3 '21
Do others have this issue? since the new apps from earlier this year were uploaded, it takes over a minute for users to get messages, matches etc?

Am only using a fraction of the CPU etc available for use..

People are wanting refunds..  and I have to give it?

anyone?

dave Leader
dave Apr 7 '21
What new apps are you referring to?
Stan Jensen
Stan Jensen Apr 9 '21
The latest version from skadate. their developers said they can not d=look at it until May some times. this has been ongoing since the start of the year.

Are their other apps out there?

dave Leader
dave Apr 9 '21
I dont know much about skadate sorry :)
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 9 '21

Unfortunately the source code of Skate apps is not open source.

No one can help with this.

With SkaDate we can only help in the Desktop version because it is a clone of OxWall.

OxWall does not have apps, some attempt has been made but it has not worked well.

Stan Jensen
Stan Jensen Apr 10 '21
thanks, friend.

Stan Jensen
Stan Jensen Apr 13 '21
There are no other apps? for iOS or the Play store?
AppXprt
AppXprt Apr 13 '21
Use Cordova to turn your website into a hosted hybrid web app or just use a PWA.

PWA's are by far the easiest and I believe they're being allowed in stores now, but remember that apps aren't guaranteed to make it to either store.

Google Workbox will help you create a good PWA.

OxPWA and OxHybrid do both of these, but it's up to you to build the app and get it to market like most other solutions. It's a tool to help you with all the hard parts and do most of everything for you. I can even automate Android builds, but iOS is manual for multiple reasons. 

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Apr 13 '21