We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how do i fix this? | Forum

Dawn
Dawn Nov 24 '12
Hi everyone,

I've got a bit of a problem, can you click the image below and tell me if they have ever seen their site do this.

I don't know how to fix it

Attachments:
  Picture 24.png (242.61Kb)
Pete
Pete Nov 24 '12
Try disabling all your plugins and see if this changes anything .don`t remove them just disable them all
Dawn
Dawn Nov 24 '12
Hey Pete, the site was working fine last night then i refreshed the page after adding a few lines of text to a page and it all went wonky.

I've disabled all my plug-ins and it's still the same.

I asked my hosts to instal a backup from the other day which looked fixed but the minute i went to edit something it did the same again. Am i going to have to reinstall oxwall and lose my work?

nic

x

The Forum post is edited by Dawn Nov 24 '12
suresh kumar
suresh kumar Nov 24 '12
The problem maybe in languages as it is not functioning check it out
Dawn
Dawn Nov 24 '12
languages? I don't quite understand, as far as i was aware it was only installed with english

Pete
Pete Nov 24 '12
Quote from Dawn Hey Pete, the site was working fine last night then i refreshed the page after adding a few lines of text to a page and it all went wonky.

I've disabled all my plug-ins and it's still the same.

I asked my hosts to instal a backup from the other day which looked fixed but the minute i went to edit something it did the same again. Am i going to have to reinstall oxwall and lose my work?

nic

x

its a pain in the arse when things or like this ,i have had god knows how many problems.Best thing you can do is download a copy of your database your database is ok ,download peoples profile images,photo images if you have this plugin on ,etc,etc . When you do the reinstall make sure that you reinstall all the plugins that you have on now and the correct theme,peoples profile images,then drop (remove) this newdatabase,before you reinstall your database backup,you wont lose your work if you do it like this. 
The Forum post is edited by Pete Nov 24 '12
Pete
Pete Nov 24 '12
Make sure that you make a backup copy of your config.php file,as you need to replace this .and also make sure you use the same username and same password for admin
The Forum post is edited by Pete Nov 24 '12
Den Team
Den Nov 26 '12
Topic was moved from General Chat.
Dawn
Dawn Nov 27 '12
I don't quite know what happened but i asked my hosting company to restore me to a few days before it happened, they had to do it twice before it was stable again.