We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall is gaim over, just realize that, or? | Forum

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Sep 16 '21
Oxwall is gaim over, just realize that. Looks over the forum and most of it has just been advertising and spam. Someone tried to build new social software, but it was probably just the usual, it came and it disappeared! Is back with a new server space, but here it will be wordpress, the only thing that clearly has good development. Why develop a plugin for a sinking ship! The mobile support for Oxwall has been very poor, and is probably more or less dead when I write this post. Oxwall is hardly a safe choice anymore.
The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Sep 18 '21
AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 17 '21
Actually, I believe Oxwall is better developed than Wordpress, but it unfortunately won out.
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Sep 18 '21
Vel, i had wrong about oxwall, becouse i install oxwall on php 7.4 and vent ok. But then its stop, becouse i try 8.0 and my site was gone from public. Then i go back to php 7.4 was my site back again. So then php 7.4 its gone form the server, its also oxwall history. But can take many years, becouse 5.6 its still on the fastcomet server. Why not oxwall sypport php 8,0? i dont now!

After testing wordpress, also the latest version, as well as google blogs, I'm back on the Oxwall platform. My conclusion is; Wordpress was too buggy and Blogger had very poor mobile support.

My site https://kjetilervikson.se

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Sep 20 '21