We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Landing / Sign In Page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Patrick
Patrick Feb 14 '11
Anyone got an idea how to set the landing page of an oxwall site to http://yourdomain/sign-in instead of the usual Main page?

Thanks!
The Forum post is edited by Patrick Feb 14 '11
Rajoo
Rajoo Feb 14 '11
Hi Patric, go to admin section >pages & menus and drag your main menu tab to the left. Main menu tab should be the first tab in the line. Click edit main and select both Guests and Registered Members.
Patrick
Patrick Feb 20 '11
@Rajoo,

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't work for the "/sign-in" page.
We fix it by adding rerwites to the apache configurations.
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '11
Hi
Why it doesn't work for sign-in?
Gerald Rusche
Gerald Rusche Nov 27 '11
I try to get a different landin page. If i set up privacy & permissions that guest are not able to see the site, i did get the sign in window. But i need the same thing with a additional content on this "sign in" side. The guest should be able to sign in of cause, but get some additional information. And one or two links to static sides with seo content is needed.

This way i would like to get some users by curiosity. And if a interresting count of members has been reached, privacy & permissions will be changed to guest can see everything.

Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 28 '11
Gerald, I am really sorry but I didn't get the idea of your request. Can you either rephrase it or give me more details (like screenshots) for better understanding?
Gerald Rusche
Gerald Rusche Nov 28 '11
Hello aka_le_Mulder.

If i set up privacy & permissions "Guests can view the site: NO", i get a single sing in page. With just sign in filed and facebook connect. I need to edit the code of this particular page. So i can add something like "terms of use" or something else, that is usable even when the content is not reachable. And some seo text for this one and only google-reachable-page will be great
Attachments:
  example.jpg (42.96Kb)
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 29 '11
Ok, I get your idea now. Well, that can be done as a custom modification. Oxwall doesn't have such functionality built in.
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 11 '13
IS it possible to have signed in users land on their dashboard page?
Alia Team
Alia Feb 11 '13
Richard, this is possible. Move "Dashboard" using drag&drop to the beginning in admin panel>>pages&menus

Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 12 '13
mmm - I dont seem to have a dashboard icon to move in admin panel for some reason - Any reasons why?
Dean L
Dean L Feb 14 '13
Richard look here:

mysite.com/admin/pages/manage

You're looking for the 'dashboard' link - Move it to the front of the queue and it will act as your first page.
Dean L
Dean L Feb 14 '13
I'm looking for the same thing too... Mysite.com/sign-in rather than mysite.com

.htaccess doesn't work as it returns - This page is trying to redirect in a way which will never complete.

If anyone has any ideas please share :-)
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 15 '13
Hi Dean, ye I have been looking here but i dont have a a 'dashboard' button to move etc...
Dean L
Dean L Feb 15 '13
Odd, you should have.

Click 'Add Item' and create a new link:

mysite.com/dashboard - Then put it first in the line of menu items.
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Feb 16 '13
Check out my site -> http://www.sphere.rqdc.net/

here's the solution:

put this on your .htaccess file :
RedirectMatch permanent ^/$ http://www.sphere.rqdc.net/sign-in
above this line -> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

Hope it helps :)

Cheers,
Ronnel
The Forum post is edited by Ronnel DC Feb 16 '13
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Feb 16 '13
Change the URL of course to your site's URL
Dean L
Dean L Feb 16 '13
Ronnel - You my friend are an absolute diamond!!!

Thank you! :-)
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Feb 16 '13
Sure :)

PM me if you have any problem :)
Rachid Guenoun
Rachid Guenoun Jan 21 '15
Hi,

I tried the above remarks and suggestions, put the line with my URL in the .htaccess but visiting my site gives me a redirect notification by the browser.

Cookies are on in Firefox.

Any suggestions?
Pages: 1 2 »