We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FBLogin open blank tab when clicked. Not Functionaing properly! - Facebook Connect | Forum

Chris H.
Chris H. Dec 3 '12
Okay I have had this issue since I started using FBConnect in the beginning of October. Only once has this worked when I upgraded to Oxwall 1.4 and stopped working after a day or so. None of the Facebook buttons or features work when clicked, the only thing they will do is open a blank tab and that is it. Tried de-activating and re-activating, tried un-installing and re-installing and nothing seems to work and has the same outcome each time. I have reset my Facebook App Secret and nothing. Activated Dev Mode and no errors. One thing I am getting though is that when I enter my FBConnect settings like my App Id and App Secret I get an error that says that updating the App ID & Secret failed, but, when I go to my Database it did not fail and entered it in to the Database correctly. I know there should not be much to it and I have even tried opening a dummy Oxwall site on another domain and server and same issues there too.

Now I know I have all the requirements according to Facebook. I am running an SSL Connection on my site which is required by Facebook if I am going to do any type of Canvasing.

I noticed there really is no topics on this or any type of guidance. This is really annoying as having a Facebook login is crucial to me and would hate to have to choose another CMS over it as I would hate to loose out on the money I have spent on the plugins here. Overall though I really do enjoy the Oxwall software and the developers that provide very useful and powerful plugins.

A solution would be much appreciated.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 3 '12
Chris, can you send me screen shot of your APP settings along with your site URL and if possible admin panel username and pass? ( You can PM them).
Chris H.
Chris H. Dec 4 '12

Quote from Aliia Chris, can you send me screen shot of your APP settings along with your site URL and if possible admin panel username and pass? ( You can PM them).

Okay I only took a screenshot of the little error I get when entering my App ID and Secret. I did not know what else to take a screen shot of and blurred out my crudentials in the screen shot for security purposes. If you go to my site you will see immediately when you click on the Facebook Login button that it opens up a Blank Tab. As for my site URL it is https://footle.net/community/ !

I will message you my dummy account that has Admin rights and my FTP settings. But I am attaching the screen shot for you.

The Forum post is edited by Chris H. Dec 4 '12
Alia Team
Alia Dec 7 '12
I've PMed you back.
Ischtelle
Ischtelle May 6 '16
I am having the same problem. Can I please get a solution to this problem?
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 10 '16
share your url, please
Jason
Jason Jun 28 '16
Same problem, mytog.biz, is the url. Thanks for any help.
Ischtelle
Ischtelle Jul 3 '16
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 11 '16
Ischtelle your FB login plugin is working properly. See screenshots.
Jason, have you properly configured your FB app in the developers account? Is it live?
Provide screenshot of your app settings.
Jason
Jason Jul 12 '16
I was able to get it to work. I just re-input my app id and secret.

Also it seems FB has updated the look and flow as compared to the walk through on the oxwall wiki.

Thanks 

Ischtelle
Ischtelle Jul 12 '16
Thanks for the assistance. Much appreciated.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 13 '16
Ok, thanks for letting us know.
You do not have permission to reply this topic