We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed & Group Wall | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
matt
matt Dec 3 '12
Hiya,

Our group wall post don't show up in the news feed? Would this be a newsfeed plugin issue?  It would seem great for non private group wall posts to appear in the feed, to draw users into group activity.

Cheers,

Matt
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have reported this issue before. But it was said they could not reproduce the issue.
matt
matt Dec 4 '12
I posted the comment on the newsfeed plugin forum, in the store. And as suggested, noted my suggestion.

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/6916?page=1#post-33391

Cheers

Matt
Alia Team
Alia Dec 5 '12
Matt, just a small clarification on this topic.

Dashboard Newsfeed, in fact show activity from user's groups.

Main Newseed, doesn't include group activities, since it was originally designed to collect info from the whole site. Groups are kind of "small sites" within the site. And showing activity from there on the main newsfeed is irrelevant.

Victor Daniel Tremblay
"Groups are kind of "small sites" within the site"  Hummmm interresting.  Have never looked at it this way.  Actually I will have a try at it in this philosophy ;-).

Thanks again Aliia.

matt
matt Dec 5 '12
Hi Aliia,

Thanks for explaining the thinking behind the design. The annoying thing about users, seems that they think of ways of using tools that others don't :)

It doesn't seem irrelevant to us, to want the group forum posts to appear on the newsfeed. Group Forum activity proves of great interest to our users, and excluding  it from the news feed, seems odd, to us. A newsfeed entry from group forums will alert users to what discussions are happening in the group they belong to, and will attract non group members attentions, to the exciting topics that get explored within the groups. I suspect we are not the only users who see this functionality as potentially useful :)

Kindest regards,

Matt
Quote from Aliia Matt, just a small clarification on this topic.

Dashboard Newsfeed, in fact show activity from user's groups.

Main Newseed, doesn't include group activities, since it was originally designed to collect info from the whole site. Groups are kind of "small sites" within the site. And showing activity from there on the main newsfeed is irrelevant.

Alia Team
Alia Dec 5 '12
Matt, let's see how many votes your suggestion will get on UserVoice.
Modern
Modern Sep 22 '13

I would like to see all of the functionality of the main forum repeated in the group forums.  That way, as on my site, they are country specific forums, they can have forum categories.  The idea I have for the main forum is to use it as a place for Nationalist in every country around the world to coordinate their actions. e.g. if an organisation or company is ripping people off in one country and their people act against it, its no big deal because their losses can be absorbed by its holdings around the world.   However, if the common people coordinate their actions in a multitude of countries, now those losses cannot be absorbed and changes in attitude will happen.  This can also apply to other governments abusing the common people of other countries for profit.  We all know who that is at the moment.  Oh, www.modern-nationalist.com is in no way a rascist site or has any other form of 'isms, it is a site for common people who believe that their country belongs to them. So if you can, help us to make it a success we would appreciate your efforts.

The Forum post is edited by Modern Sep 22 '13
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Sep 23 '13
Quote from Aliia Main Newseed, doesn't include group activities, since it was originally designed to collect info from the whole site. Groups are kind of "small sites" within the site. And showing activity from there on the main newsfeed is irrelevant.
main newsfeed shows group activities o.O

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Sep 23 '13

i don't know if people  already know it. sorry if all know it already

by default  newsfeed do not support group when you install oxwall

to enable it i got a simple way from this forum

after installing group plugin just uninstall newsfeed then reinstall newsfeed plugin again 

you will get a fb like newsfeed widget inside group where you can upload pic /vid and like/comment, and all related  members will get group feed on their dashboard's newsfeed section , 

note for old websites: you may lose  data of newsfeed

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Sep 23 '13
@RAHUL Verma You don't need to uninstall the Newsfeed plugin. Just deactivating and reactivating it should do the job perfectly. This way, you don't lose any of your data.
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Sep 23 '13
Quote from Ebenezer Obasi (De Gurusmaker) @RAHUL Verma You don't need to uninstall the Newsfeed plugin. Just deactivating and reactivating it should do the job perfectly. This way, you don't lose any of your data.

thanks