We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

LED Kit KIT0069 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Apr 4 '22
My intention was to connect it primarily to the Raspberry Pi 4 via USB to create Ambilights/Bias lighting so that the LED strip is positioned behind my TV.
I've had a few problems with the kit, so hopefully someone can help. Initially, I set up the kit according to the prototyping guide and was able to get it to respond to sounds, as well as use an Android app to control lighting colors, and everything seemed to work fine.
Then I temporarily installed a set of LEDs behind the TV and switched the power to PWR_IN on the expansion board. Since then, the LED indicators are always bright and flicker a little. The Android Bluno app seems to still work, but the backlight is almost always close to white and has only a slight color change.
I tried uploading a strandtest sketch and everything looks fine. The LEDs have various rainbow patterns, do not flicker, and everything looks normal.
Moving on, I thought I'd try connecting it to a raspberry Pi and controlling it via Hyperion. I had several attempts to get it to work, but in the end they were able to establish a connection when I set the data rate to 1152000. By quickly uploading the sketch to bluno, I was able to normally see the "Ada" message on the Arduino IDE serial monitor. It looks like it worked to some extent when Hyperion was running on RPI, but on a dark screen, some LEDs were still on and flickering with different colors.
I'm a little confused about how to troubleshoot further, given that strandtest seems to be working fine.
I was also hoping to run a serial USB faster than 1152000 as, but every time I tried to use FastLED sketch running faster, I get corrupted responses in the Arduino IDE, not the "Ada" message.
I can only think that maybe there is some kind of problem with grounding the LEDs?
Jesse Hiserp
Jesse Hiserp Apr 4 '22
Thanks for the interesting thread, guys. It’s old, but I will still ask, hoping someone answers. Sorry if my question might seem stupid to you; I am not a professional in the area. Is it possible to do the same thing with regular smart strip lights? By the same thing, I mean making them synchronize with the TV and produce light similar in color and brightness to the image on the screen.
I would be grateful for any answer on the topic. I just want to make the same thing I saw somewhere on the Internet with the LEDs I’ve got. It would look very beautiful, and the kids will be happy. 
barneba sguitano
barneba sguitano Apr 4 '22
Sounds pretty good for me. Thank you
Santos Bogisich
Santos Bogisich Apr 5 '22
Thanks for sharing this informative and amazing post here. I found it very interesting and enjoy reading this blog. Will wait for more posts.
seatech
seatech Mar 30 '23
It seems like you're having some trouble troubleshooting your LED kit, KIT0069. As for connecting the kit to your Raspberry Pi, it should be fairly straightforward using the USB connection. If you're still experiencing issues, you get help from the manufacturer or a digital products site. You can also check a site that offers a range of development boards and digital products that could be useful for projects like these.
The Forum post is edited by seatech Mar 30 '23
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 20 '23
You’ve probably admired some wonderful examples of concrete work. 

kitchen exhaust cleaning

James Walter
James Walter Jan 1
Luckily, our team of skilled technicians are here to help day and night. Rockford Mobile Truck Repair
Adoro
Adoro Mar 6
Find adorable and cozy women shoes online for every occasion. Explore our collection and step out in style effortlessly. Shop now for trendy comfort!