We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Description wil not chance.. | Forum

R. Heldens
R. Heldens Dec 5 '12
Hello,

In main settings i would chance the description text, i typ the text i like, i press save button but no chance's at all.. 

help?

Alia Team
Alia Dec 7 '12
Can you PM me admin panel username and pass?
Alia Team
Mikkal
Mikkal Dec 7 '12
    In join: http://sosialpluss.wall.fm/join

l
    •  base+questions_question_ab9fc810a1938e599b7d084efea97d91_value_1
    •  base+questions_question_ab9fc810a1938e599b7d084efea97d91_value_2
    •  base+questions_question_ab9fc810a1938e599b7d084efea97d91_value_4
    •  base+questions_question_ab9fc810a1938e599b7d084efea97d91_value_8
    base+questions_question_ab9fc810a1938e599b7d084efea97d91_description

HOW i fixit??? 
Ebony Wood
Ebony Wood Dec 9 '12
In most cases the the Description has actually been changed but you have not cleared your cache. So the change will not reflect to you, until your cache is cleared. Refreshing your browser or clearing your browser cache alone may not reflect the change. You can clear your cache using this method without having to go to DEBUG or DEV modes.

Using your FTP program go to the folder "/cw_smarty/template_c" and delete all the contents of the folder. Dont worry these files are generated by the system for cache and faster loading purposes and they will be automatically re-created once again by your site. NOTE! There is a possibility of a security risk, depending on your server security, you may need to upload a blank index.html file in this folder and never delete it. This is to prevent your cache folder contents from being viewed by the public. Some servers automatically prevent this folder from being viewed, but others do not.

On the similar issue, if you try and change theme graphics or logos or sometimes reset logo or theme components on your website and the changes do not reflect,  It is also the same cache issue. In this case you should upload the new graphics directly to the folder  "/ow_static/themes/{your current theme}/images/" The changes would have already been made to your "/ow_themes/{your current theme}/images/ folder.

The "/ow_static/{your theme}/" folder acts as a cache for graphics
while the "/ow_smarty/template_c/" acts as a cache for scripts.

I am not an expert, I am just speaking from my own experience or personal opinion, follow my suggestions at your own risk!!.