We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How do I make a separate profile type? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Victor
Victor Dec 5 '12
Hello,

I'm new to Oxwall. I need to create two different kind of profiles.

One the usual one and another with a few limited features.

Lets say for example, we need to create a student profile and a college profile.

Students can make friends but can only follow a college. Also, it's important to have just one college for any student. Students cant add college as friend, neither can college do that to a student.

If its possible, there should be an approval system for college to approve who follows the college.

Is this possible with Oxwall? If yes, then can anyone guide me please?

Thanks for your time.

Victor Daniel Tremblay
Hi Victor,

From the Admin go to users/user roles and define a student and a College user.  Then modify the Profile Questions related to each of them and possibly their permissions.

Hope it helps.

Victor
Victor Dec 6 '12
Hello Victor Daniel Tremblay,

Thanks for your reply. Profile questions is not exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for changing certain features or turning features on or off, which, sadly is not covered in role permission management page. 

Also, since the "Free" role is default for all, the permissions are not working for me either.

I wish to know if there's any way I can get this done? may be a plugin?

Thanks.

Alia Team
Alia Dec 10 '12

>>Lets say for example, we need to create a student profile and a college profile.

Students can make friends but can only follow a college. Also, it's important to have just one college for any student. Students cant add college as friend, neither can college do that to a student.

This kind of feature, indeed, requires some custom code modification ( for ex. Oxwall doesn't have built in feature which would restrict students from adding colleges to friends).

With regards o "Free" role being default one. You can always change which role is a default one using drag&drop.

Victor
Victor Dec 10 '12
@Aliia

Thanks, I didnt know we could change the default role. It was helpful.

Morar Jack
Morar Jack Sep 26 '22
You can make a separate profile type for each of your accounts. If you have multiple accounts, you might want to use different email addresses or different usernames for each account. Visit this k2 paper for sale online source for best reviwes. You can do this by creating a new profile type and adding the email address or username that you want to use in that account.
Uriah
Uriah Oct 29 '22
You can make a separate profile type by going to the Profile tab and clicking edit. On the right side of your screen you will see a drop down menu with all of the different profile types. Go to Citizenship by investment programs for best reviews. Click create new and fill out the information needed for that type. This is the preferred method, as it will allow you to set up your own settings without affecting other users' settings.