We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No User Approval Email | Forum

Sean T
Sean T Dec 7 '12
New users aren't getting an email after their account has been approved. I have "mandatory approve" checked, "who can join" = anyone, "guests can view sites" = yes. Email verification is required (and the email is being received). Shouldn't an approval email be sent in this case?
Victor Daniel Tremblay
May I try to join your site?
Sean T
Sean T Dec 10 '12
Sure, go to sithacademy.com
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Ok Darth I have joined...  and recieved the occasional mail.  Let's see if the devil is not playing a trick in your back...  Approve-me!
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Bytheway did you get an email notice of my Zebulon inscription?
The Forum post is edited by Victor Daniel Tremblay Dec 11 '12
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Recieved the Greetings :

Greetings,

Your email address has been verified... etc.  With the PDF link.

Isn't this the approval?

...nope cause after a refresh on your site it still say: "Your account is pending approval"
The Forum post is edited by Victor Daniel Tremblay Dec 11 '12
Alia Team
Alia Dec 14 '12
Victor, Darth, just wanted to make sure that you understand the difference between verification and approval emails.

Verification email is received when you have checked "Confirm email" under admin panel>settings>user settings

Approval email is received when admin of the site approves user, giving that "Mandatory user approve" is turned on under admin panel>privacy and permissions>global privacy.

Darth, can you change the settings in your admin panel so that guests can not view the site and see if approval email comes?

Victor Daniel Tremblay
Thanks Aliia I do understand this area of Oxwall.  What I don't understand is why I am not recieving any messages when a new member gets in or need authorisation.

Thanks.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 18 '12
Guys, after checking with developers we have found that there is a bug in the system. "Your account was approved" email should come, but it is not coming right now. We will fix this in one of the upcoming builds.  Thanks for pointing at this issue.
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Thank you Aliia.  It would be great that this bug be fixed for the next 1.5 version but hey, I understand how you guys are running closer to the 19th ;-).

Regards,
Victor.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 18 '12
Thanks for understanding Victor. 1.5 is already packed and we can not do any changes to it right now. So this fix will be added only in later updates.