We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Starting a Charity Sewing | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez May 26 '22
After an extremely stressful March, I finally have time to catch my breath.

I started a quilting group in the church and am interested in people's experiences and tips on leadership and leadership. We met in March, and there were four of us, we were knitting a blanket with a relief of the Lutheran world (60x80). We discussed projects that could be in our future, and I handed out a list of possibilities, some with relevant websites for review. The level of experience varies greatly depending on the group, but everyone's enthusiasm is high.

Our church building has a preschool care program, so we meet in a small living room type room with large upholstered furniture that needs to be removed from the road. It's not perfect, but we did it.

At first I plan to prepare the work for people so that they can do it at the session and take it home, but ultimately my goal is for people to gain the confidence and skills necessary to launch their own projects at home.

So, at the moment, I would like to hear the opinion of those of you who lead church charity sewing groups or have founded such groups. I would like to receive your suggestions on conducting sessions, recruiting staff, selecting projects, planning and implementing group development, accountability, as well as advice on communicating and encouraging support from church staff and parishioners.

Thanks!
William
William May 26 '22
You are doing a good thing. I hope many people will get on the right path thanks to you. I am a religious person. My mother instilled in me the love for others and God in my childhood. So I visit firstchurchlove.com with her every  Monday. Btw, the inner world of the believer is completely different. He does not experience such strong mental anguish and torment. Moreover, he is not overcome by gloomy thoughts. Believer perceives this world not as an ultimate goal but only as a means to achieve a higher one.
macallister
macallister Aug 19 '23
Deepening the spiritual wellbeing is something everyone wants to do, but not everyone seems to make an effort. I would suggest you to look into the Online Faith Community. That can be a rather helpful way to achieve spirituality.
Amy K. Palmeri
Amy K. Palmeri Aug 24 '23

Starting a charity sewing forum is a wonderful initiative that brings together sewing enthusiasts for a purposeful cause. By providing a platform for members to share their passion for sewing while contributing to the community, you can create a positive impact. Begin by defining the forum's objectives, selecting an appropriate platform as ehsaas programme and establishing clear guidelines for participation. Engaging content such as sewing tutorials, project ideas, and discussions will keep members active. Collaborate with local charities, set up fundraising efforts, and foster a sense of community through sewing challenges and collaborations. Promote the forum through various channels and consistently update with new content to maintain member engagement and showcase the impact of your charitable sewing projects.