We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Transfer members from Sharetronix to Oxwall | Forum

Mohammad
Mohammad Dec 10 '12
Hi everyone !

Since some admins had problem to transfer users from Sharetronix to Oxwall,We decided to create a  simple script.

you can simply transfer your members to Oxwall now !

follow the instruction step by step to config.

before starting, open Oxwall Config and Sharetronix config.

now download the zip file and extract it on your host (where oxwall is installed)

warning : before continue the process, create a backup,Persian Oxwall group is not responsible for any  damage.

Open"config.php"file in s2o folder then make the following changes.

the config1's array variable is related to sharetronix so Respectively include hostname(usually localhost),database username,database password, and database name

the config2's array variable is related to Oxwall,you should do like above changes for oxwall.

on line 17 you can see salt variable that you need to change, look for OW_PASSWORD_SALT in oxwall config(on line 19) then copy the value and replace it.it's important to generate new password

on line 18 ow_prefix variable is related to table prefix,you can find it on oxwall config.(default is OW_)

on line 21,msg variable is the body of email,you can change it as you wish,also it contain new password.

next line you should enter your email(enter oxwall powered site email)

and next line is the subject of the mail :)

now save the file and run"convert.php" page in your browser

if you get an error,come back and check the config file,otherwise script successfully connected  to both Oxwall and Sharetronix databases and the Sharetronix's users table has been altered and added "iss2ocolumn at the end of it, now you can press the button to move your members,every click  will transfer 100 member,you can do it several times to transfer all members.

we test it on a site with 2500 member and it worked fine :)

this script is created by Persian Oxwall

We hope this answers your question more precisely.  If you have anymore, please feel free to ask

The Forum post is edited by Mohammad Dec 10 '12
Attachments:
  s2o.zip (4.7Kb)
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 12 '12
Thank you for sharing this useful information with us. Hope it will be helpful for other users. Thanks for the contribution.
Kevin Soto Vallejo
Kevin Soto Vallejo Apr 18 '13
no funciona :( quiero transferir mis usuarios de oxwall a Sharetronix :)
Mohammad
Mohammad Apr 20 '13
Kevin, use English to understand your problem 

Kevin Soto Vallejo
Kevin Soto Vallejo Apr 20 '13
hello Always thought it does not work that.
But now I want to transfer my Oxwall users to BoonEx eh :) that purchased a membership there and do not want to lose my users and do not know how to do it: (
Mohammad
Mohammad Apr 23 '13
I could help you if you just want to move your users to Oxwall