We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

• I am encountering the QuickBooks already has a company file open error on my QB Desktop. How can I fix this issue and access company file? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John Mule
John Mule Jul 27 '22

An incorrect hosting setup can cause the QuickBooks already has a company file open error. Another main reason for this error is the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running properly. If your QuickBooks says company file in use, follow the steps provided below to fix this issue –

1.      Make sure that only one system is hosting the company file and verify multi-user hosting on each workstation. For this, go to the File tab and navigate to the Utilities section.

2.      Update your QuickBooks Desktop from the Help menu. Select Update QuickBooks Desktop and proceed according to the instructions appearing on the screen to move to the Update Now tab. Select Get Updates and install the latest updates.

3.      Set up user permissions by selecting the View Users option from the Users section.

4.      Sign in to QuickBooks using an admin account. For this, go to the Start menu and click on Switch User to enter the login details.

5.      From the task bar of your PC, start the Task Manager and end the QuickBooks Database Service. Once done, start the service again and see if the error is resolved.

If you are unable to resolve the “QuickBooks already has a company file open error” with these steps, you can contact us at +1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our support team.

quickbooks error 6069