We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Dec 14 '12
New posts on Group forum doesn`t appear on newsfeed (index page)..Is that right? Or it should be some additional settings for group, forum, newsfeed plugins to see new posts of the groups on newsfeed?
Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Dec 14 '12
But I can see info about my new post on newsfeed of my profile..How it can be reflected for newsfeed on index page (main)
Alia Team
Alia Dec 17 '12
Main newsfeed shows only when somebody joins the group.
All other group activities are not displayed in the main newsfeed. Because this will just spam the newsfeed with activities that are not related to majority of your site visitors.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 17 '12
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
matt
matt Dec 18 '12
That would depend on how we organize our communities Aliia, and how are members interact. So in my opinion it should be an admin option to enable or not. My members do have interest in the groups that they might belong to, and don't view it as spam.

My 2 cents. Options seems like good ideas for flexible software that can meet the needs of the various ways that we use it.

Matt
Kenny S
Kenny S Aug 30 '16
Hi. I know this is digging up old dirt, but I still cannot get it to appear on the index newsfeed. This option would be very useful to me seeing how we don't use the dashboard because it's redundant with the index newsfeed.  Is there a work around?
ross Team
ross Aug 31 '16
See Alia's reply. 

To change that behaviour is considered as a custom code modification.